Left footed penalty takers (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;1657259 said:
Well, it is a total weapon all over the place.

One-in-nine is born leftie, this making it a total advantage.

But I think, within experience and understanding, that lefties tend to have a worse right foot than righties have lefts.
Not sure how you can say that, bro. I see absolutely no connection whatsoever. Just depends on the player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;1657309 said:
How so?

In what respect?
I just don't see how you think lefties have worse opposite feet than right-footers. Doesn't make any sense. Perhaps the only reason why it seems that way is because there are far more righties than lefties.

But someone such as Rivaldo scored many goals with his right as well.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Maradona missed 3 or 5 consecutive penalties at Boca, and he apologized for that. I will never forget that day.

For me is just a myth too.

e: I just remember that Martin Palermo missed three penalties in the same match. It was at Copa America I think against Colombia. And, yeah, he is left footed. It's a Guiness Record, btw :D
aye i remember watching that,sitting up to all hours watching the coppa and being dumbstruck that he even had the gall to attempt the 3rd one funny as hell. quite a few years back that now though

Apr 12, 2004
I just don't see how you think lefties have worse opposite feet than right-footers. Doesn't make any sense. Perhaps the only reason why it seems that way is because there are far more righties than lefties.

But someone such as Rivaldo scored many goals with his right as well.
Well, it's actually quite obvious.

Since righties tend to flood the market, they need to separate themselves somehow, have a better opposite. Lefties, on the other hand, tend to let that go since they are the lesser of market and have a higher need. So lefties tend to not work at their right as much as rights do their left.

E.G.

Roberto Carlos, Ze Roberto, Marcell Jansen, Petr Cech, et cetera....

One could easily name more dual footers that are naturally right than one could that are left.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;1657352 said:
Well, it's actually quite obvious.

Since righties tend to flood the market, they need to separate themselves somehow, have a better opposite. Lefties, on the other hand, tend to let that go since they are the lesser of market and have a higher need. So lefties tend to not work at their right as much as rights do their left.

E.G.

Roberto Carlos, Ze Roberto, Marcell Jansen, Petr Cech, et cetera....

One could easily name more dual footers that are naturally right than one could that are left.
But that's because 75% of footballers are right-footed.

I will just say I don't agree with you and leave it at that. It's like we're trying to ask my father whether the right-footed genome has a greater tendency to be better than left-footed genome. It's just highly nonsensical. We promote right-handed/footed culture anyway.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
"they" actually reckon that left handed/footed people are slightly more creative than your average right handed joe. apparently left sided folk use a different part of their brain

sounds like the work of the devil to me

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #29
    Don't hate us. Left handed people rule.

I shoot with the right but I force-trained my left foot so I can shoot with either. I'd never take a pk with my left though...I'm not that confident with it.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    jeez how i could have done with that earlier when i got done for public indecency, bloody typical. paris hilton flashes her fame-hungry punanny to all and sundry and gets into the paper,i walk down the street flashing my wares for all to see and get arrested

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    To be fair, three people had already been killed in car crashes caused by folk unble to take their eyes off you.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Don't hate us. Left handed people rule.

I shoot with the right but I force-trained my left foot so I can shoot with either. I'd never take a pk with my left though...I'm not that confident with it.
    Lefties Rule!!!!! :juventus: ;)

I write with my left and play all sports except badminton with my right

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    You play badminton? You just lost all possible respect you were going to get from me :p

I'm a righty, but know how to write with my left(not very neat though) and can shoot quite well with my left,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)