LeBron (1 Viewer)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I think the Lakers will win it again...:(:(:( no team has really been able to stand up to them-they just have so much talent!!!!!:eek::eek:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
I think the Lakers will win it again...:(:(:( no team has really been able to stand up to them-they just have so much talent!!!!!:eek::eek:

Ummmmm..........................................Laker Fan here:D:D:D:D:D:D

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
LOL....just noticed this thread!! lebron rocks...who sez T-mac will smoke him? i saw magic-cavs game....even tho magic won, but lebron kinda smoked T-Mac :D

p/s: used to be a fan of magic....the shaq+penny era :cool:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Shaq penny era at MAGIC was the kewlest. Before Shaq signed on his deal with LA. But is this Lebron kid that damn good, that NIKE signs him on for 90 million. Its fkg crazy. How can they foressee him kicking ass in the NBA when all he has behind him are college games.

Neway as for the team i back most, its the Lakers. Kobe is the best player ive seen since MJ imo. Shaq on the other hand would be nothing without his mammoth size.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
DJ, Lebron didn't even go to college, he went in straight from high school, and to me, he's the closest I've seen to Magic Johnson in a very long time.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Serge, comparing him to Magic Johnson is a bit much. If you say hes got Kidd's vision i could understand. But i think it wud be really long before you could compare him to Magic. He's just what....18, 19?? It shouldnt end up being a case of flatter to deceive.

PS: 90 fkg million.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
magic johnson played with the best...no? look @who lebron has to play with (not saying his team mates are not good, just average ;)). he cant carry the team by himself IMO.... as for comparing him with magic J, i'm too young to remember what magic was like in the "old" days :D :D

p/s: penny was my fav player....but after shaq dynasty was broken in orlando, penny just been dipping form :down: (not to mention a whole lot of injuries as well :down:) too bad for a player that had a lot of potential. i remembered ppl used to compare him to his Airness MJ23 :cool:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here's why I compare Lebron to Magic.

#1) Magic was 6'9 235 lbs.
Lebron is 6' 8 240 lbs.

#2) Magic was a team-first guy
Lebron is a team first guy

#3) Magic could see a play develop 3 moves before it happened
Lebron can do the exact same thing.

#4) Magic didn't care about personal goals, as long as the team wins
Lebron is the same way.

#5) Magic, at such a young age, was not afraid to be the leader of the team and take the game winning shot when no one else wanted to.

Lebron is the same exact way.

Once Lebron gets better support, he is going to average more than the 7 assists per game he's already averaging on a bad team.

He could very well be the first player since Oscar Robinson in the early 70's to average a triple double for a season.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Here's why I compare Lebron to Magic.

#1) Magic was 6'9 235 lbs.
Lebron is 6' 8 240 lbs.

#2) Magic was a team-first guy
Lebron is a team first guy

#3) Magic could see a play develop 3 moves before it happened
Lebron can do the exact same thing.

#4) Magic didn't care about personal goals, as long as the team wins
Lebron is the same way.

#5) Magic, at such a young age, was not afraid to be the leader of the team and take the game winning shot when no one else wanted to.

Lebron is the same exact way.
cool comparison :D i'm beginning to see it now.... ;) definately get rookie of the year then huh...? :cool:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
On 2nd thoughts. Nike's rivalry with Reebok on the court may just seem to have been the deciding factor. LeBron hasnt proved himself, but the potential Nike have seen in him was probably enough for them to take a call to go in for the cushion effect. Which they havent had sinc his Airness. So i guess for Nike, i think they considered it would be costlier if they didnt sign him.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
maybe...but nike sponsors nearly all the best players. question: is shaq still with reebok...? iverson is with reebok too if i'm not mistaken

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No Kaizer. Shaq is no longer with Reebok. There are many deals that have bombed in the past. But when i say cushion i mean that 1 player that symbolizes them on court. Much like what reebok have with Iverson. Can you believe they actually have a LIFETIME contract with him?

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
:eek: lifetime...? that's awfully long (hope it is ;)) iverson is loyal then....i'm sure if he wants to switch to other brand, like reebok..they'll be glad to pay him a lot more. way to go..! :D

sometimes i envy sportsmen, they dont even have to study hard...and still they make millions of dollars. i study my butt off, and still cant make in my lifetime, what they get in a year....:down: *being pathetic again :D*

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Iverson has his own shoe and athletic apparel clothing line with Reebok. Jay-Z also has a shoe contract with Reebok as well. The S.Carter line is one of the biggest selling shoes in their history.

Personally, I think Reebok shoes are crap.

I prefer Adidas or Nike myself.

Shaq, I'm pretty sure, has his own shoe line, although I don't remember if they are affiliated with a smaller shoe line, such as And 1, or if its his own label alltogether.

Baggio, I read your PM. I hope that everything goes well.

PS- No wonder you kicked his ass, he was playing as the 49ers. Take it from a fan of theirs, they SUCKKKKKK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)