Leandro Paredes - CM/DM - PSG (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You being too positive.

Instead you should listen to @Bianconero81 call him Parepiss or whatever other silly name is flavour of the day and call him complete trash while probably having seen him play less than a half-dozen times ever.

And then join the Tuz-wide meltdown. :dule:
I never said he was trash. He's just a PSG reject with serious limitations as a player, and one who can be inconsistent and disappear in big games.

On a dry loan with reasonable wages, it's not a terrible deal - I just don't like the player, or players like this in general, players that lack dynamism and possess another gear, an explosive nature, in midfield. The only exceptions are Pirlo, Zidane and Iniesta, but they were world class players that moved the needle/tipped the scales. Parepiss is not a WC performer, and he's definitely not a 7+ million in wages type player. You like to shit on me and my opinions, but you know I'm right. I'm sure you'll be happy when we're trying to dispose of him but struggle to do so due to his insane wages, and then end up losing a Rovella or Fagioli permanently due to lack of space in the squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Paredes will help us out and it will mean Loca won't have to play as the 'regista'. Not quite the big signing we all wanted to see but he is at the very least functional.

Once Pogba gets back the starting midfield is pretty solid

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I never said he was trash. He's just a PSG reject with serious limitations as a player, and one who can be inconsistent and disappear in big games.

On a dry loan with reasonable wages, it's not a terrible deal - I just don't like the player, or players like this in general, players that lack dynamism and possess another gear, an explosive nature, in midfield. The only exceptions are Pirlo, Zidane and Iniesta, but they were world class players that moved the needle/tipped the scales. Parepiss is not a WC performer, and he's definitely not a 7+ million in wages type player. You like to shit on me and my opinions, but you know I'm right. I'm sure you'll be happy when we're trying to dispose of him but struggle to do so due to his insane wages, and then end up losing a Rovella or Fagioli permanently due to lack of space in the squad.
I’ll actually take the time to wait and see how Paredes does before making such judgments. As well as waiting to see what wages he is on and how long his contract is. You’re melting down like a clown before you know any of this. Before we’ve even actually signed him yet or he’s made a single appearance for us. And this from a perspective with very little knowledge of the player.

He may come in and be a huge part of allowing us to have a functional midfield over the next couple years. We don’t know that yet. Perhaps instead of writing “Parepiss” about 250 times over the past 6 weeks you could chill for once, hope he performs to his best (which according to the Argentinian above is actually pretty decent and useful for us), and cheer for the team you support to do well.

But then again, when we signed Chiesa you were calling him a jabroni and Bernadeschi 2.0 as well. Soooo… carry on.

PS. I still love you, just wish you would chill about this club occasionally.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
You being too positive.

Instead you should listen to @Bianconero81 call him Parepiss or whatever other silly name is flavour of the day and call him complete trash while probably having seen him play less than a half-dozen times ever.

And then join the Tuz-wide meltdown. :dule:
I probably am being too positive, but I feel like that's my counterbalance contribution to the ongoing meltdown, which btw is one of the most spectacular I've ever seen :touched::touched::touched:

I actually put @Bianconero81 on ignore a few weeks back. Nothing personal dude, you make some great posts (when you feel like it :grin:) but the incessant and repetitive childish nicknames and rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth rants aimed at our management have been too much for me recently, and now I can pick and choose when I wanna read them or not. But Tuz wouldn't be Tuz without you mate :beer:

And to be clear @Post Ironic i too have never seen Paredes play :grin: I'm going off what this porteño I replied to said, as well as what my brother says (my actual brother not my fratello :lol:) because he honestly should be working in football he knows so much about it. He says Mr. Piss is a 7/10. I'm naive enough to think Max knows what to do with that to make the 8/9/10/10 players tick.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I’ll actually take the time to wait and see how Paredes does before making such judgments. As well as waiting to see what wages he is on and how long his contract is. You’re melting down like a clown before you know any of this. Before we’ve even actually signed him yet or he’s made a single appearance for us. And this from a perspective with very little knowledge of the player.

He may come in and be a huge part of allowing us to have a functional midfield over the next couple years. We don’t know that yet. Perhaps instead of writing “Parepiss” about 250 times over the past 6 weeks you could chill for once, hope he performs to his best (which according to the Argentinian above is actually pretty decent and useful for us), and cheer for the team you support to do well.

But then again, when we signed Chiesa you were calling him a jabroni and Bernadeschi 2.0 as well. Soooo… carry on.

PS. I still love you, just wish you would chill about this club occasionally.
I really want to believe, but I can't do the whole rainbows and butterflies thing, not after witnessing what we have devolved into and the slew of bad decisions we've made/continue to make. I will let you take the copium and live in optimism, while I shall continue to be pessimistic regarding Juve, steeped in reality :p

I will always love you regardless, and I still owe you a ladyboy bar visit :p

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Paredes will help us out and it will mean Loca won't have to play as the 'regista'. Not quite the big signing we all wanted to see but he is at the very least functional.

Once Pogba gets back the starting midfield is pretty solid
For me this is something people are missing about the crisis we're in. It's primarily an injury crisis. In particular we're missing our top creative guys, and our squad is missing a player with the profile that Paredes fits. Even if he's not the ideal candidate he is good enough to tie the better players together. If we can get this injury epidemic under control for once

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I probably am being too positive, but I feel like that's my counterbalance contribution to the ongoing meltdown, which btw is one of the most spectacular I've ever seen :touched::touched::touched:

I actually put @Bianconero81 on ignore a few weeks back. Nothing personal dude, you make some great posts (when you feel like it :grin:) but the incessant and repetitive childish nicknames and rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth rants aimed at our management have been too much for me recently, and now I can pick and choose when I wanna read them or not. But Tuz wouldn't be Tuz without you mate :beer:

And to be clear @Post Ironic i too have never seen Paredes play :grin: I'm going off what this porteño I replied to said, as well as what my brother says (my actual brother not my fratello :lol:) because he honestly should be working in football he knows so much about it. He says Mr. Piss is a 7/10. I'm naive enough to think Max knows what to do with that to make the 8/9/10/10 players tick.
I know I exaggerate, and I don't actually think this dude is terrible. He's a decent serviceable mid, and that's why I only labeled him a mini Jabroni - he has redeeming qualities.

Is he good enough for this Juventus, for what we have become? Yes. Is he good enough for where we should be, where we aspire to be? I'm afraid not.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I think the majority of Tuzzer’s melting down about Paredes have rarely seen him play. Just another part of what makes Tuz so special :heart:
There's not another place like it on the Internet, guaranteed. Our own little corner.

Btw as somebody who left for years, when did the rule about not openly insulting current juve staff and players stop being enforced? I remember @Hust getting banned for calling Amauri a cunt when he was technically still a Juve player but outcast, but these days we're all shitting on Rabiot every day while he's starting for us.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
There's not another place like it on the Internet, guaranteed. Our own little corner.

Btw as somebody who left for years, when did the rule about not openly insulting current juve staff and players stop being enforced? I remember @Hust getting banned for calling Amauri a cunt when he was technically still a Juve player but outcast, but these days we're all shitting on Rabiot every day while he's starting for us.
Exceptions should be made for players earning over a certain amount, especially for Fagiot :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I really want to believe, but I can't do the whole rainbows and butterflies thing, not after witnessing what we have devolved into and the slew of bad decisions we've made/continue to make. I will let you take the copium and live in optimism, while I shall continue to be pessimistic regarding Juve, steeped in reality :p

I will always love you regardless, and I still owe you a ladyboy bar visit :p
I am not asking you to do rainbows and butterflies. I’m asking for relaxing and wait and see. It shall help melt away your Juve related stress and rage. Promise.

I never replied on espresso machines. A couple friends who have them say that the Rancilio Silva is the best under $1000 machine.

Myself, I always liked the manual lever machines. A classic sort of throwback charm there, though they do take a while to figure out. Beautiful machines. La Pavoni Europiccola is sub-$1000 iirc.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am not asking you to do rainbows and butterflies. I’m asking for relaxing and wait and see. It shall help melt away your Juve related stress and rage. Promise.

I never replied on espresso machines. A couple friends who have them say that the Rancilio Silva is the best under $1000 machine.

Myself, I always liked the manual lever machines. A classic sort of throwback charm there, though they do take a while to figure out. Beautiful machines. La Pavoni Europiccola is sub-$1000 iirc.
Thank you. I'll check em out, although I'm not sure if they'll stock them here, and the price will probably be closer to $2000 because Thailand and taxes :D

I miss having the cafe - I'd just waltz in, grab a coffee and then have some pancakes :p

Last edited:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I know I exaggerate, and I don't actually think this dude is terrible. He's a decent serviceable mid, and that's why I only labeled him a mini Jabroni - he has redeeming qualities.

Is he good enough for this Juventus, for what we have become? Yes. Is he good enough for where we should be, where we aspire to be? I'm afraid not.
The saddest thing is we were so close to the level we wanted to reach, against all odds ie being in Serie A during its worst decade probably ever plus the tarnished reputation post-2006. We were there on the pitch with two CL finals in 3 years, and the Jj brand was supposed to be our way of establishing something that would help us sustain the ability to compete with Spanish and English teams but then the bottom fell out of our performances on the pitch when we signed Ronaldo as a marketing tool plus letting Paratici run wild with the chequebook, and the house collapsed.

We're having to rebuild again now; luckily we haven't fallen as far as 2011 levels, but Serie A is also far stronger now than it was then. We have to be pragmatic and sign some solid if underwhelming players. Think of Paredes as a Vucinic we signed but who was later replaced by Tevez :tup:

It's gonna be a difficult couple of years, but that first scudetto after these years of ugh is gonna be real sweet. I know you know all this lol you just got me nostalgic for the summer it all went wrong after we accomplished so much so well.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The saddest thing is we were so close to the level we wanted to reach, against all odds ie being in Serie A during its worst decade probably ever plus the tarnished reputation post-2006. We were there on the pitch with two CL finals in 3 years, and the Jj brand was supposed to be our way of establishing something that would help us sustain the ability to compete with Spanish and English teams but then the bottom fell out of our performances on the pitch when we signed Ronaldo as a marketing tool plus letting Paratici run wild with the chequebook, and the house collapsed.

We're having to rebuild again now; luckily we haven't fallen as far as 2011 levels, but Serie A is also far stronger now than it was then. We have to be pragmatic and sign some solid if underwhelming players. Think of Paredes as a Vucinic we signed but who was later replaced by Tevez :tup:

It's gonna be a difficult couple of years, but that first scudetto after these years of ugh is gonna be real sweet. I know you know all this lol you just got me nostalgic for the summer it all went wrong after we accomplished so much so well.
Let's hope you're right. In the meantime, if JJ can't offer the entertainment I crave, there's always House of The Dragon, Inside The NBA, and Rick and Morty :D

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
this is what arthur is, or is supposed to be
Quite opposite with Paredes
Arthur likes to dribble forward while Paredes don't
Arthur afraid of long vertical pass while Paredes don't

When arthur on the verge of joining us, I've read somewhere Gremio fans said arthur is prospect but lack courage to play risky passes. Always did simple passes.
And he still is LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)