Le Bleu (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'd play 4-1-3-2, as I think Hydde mentioned. Either Frey, Coupet or Landreau between the sticks (in other words anyone but Barthez), with Thuram, Mexes, Gallas and Evra infront of him. Vieira would play in his defensive midfield role, with Giuly, Zidane and Pires supporting Trezzy and Titi. If not Giuly - Zidane - Pires, then Pires - Zidane - Rothen. France have so much depth.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Sounds awesome Stu. Let me just put that on paper, I have to see what it looks like :D:drool:

--------------Frey
Thuram--Mexes--Gallas--Evra
-------------Vieira
----Giuly-----Zidane-----Pires
------Trezeguet---Henry

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'd play 4-1-3-2, as I think Hydde mentioned. Either Frey, Coupet or Landreau between the sticks (in other words anyone but Barthez), with Thuram, Mexes, Gallas and Evra infront of him. Vieira would play in his defensive midfield role, with Giuly, Zidane and Pires supporting Trezzy and Titi. If not Giuly - Zidane - Pires, then Pires - Zidane - Rothen. France have so much depth.
i've seen Pires play on the right, as strange as it may sound but he's terrible there.Giuly is much better than him on the right.IMO putting Pires on the right isnt an option.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
i've seen Pires play on the right, as strange as it may sound but he's terrible there.Giuly is much better than him on the right.IMO putting Pires on the right isnt an option.
When France played 4-2-3-1 didn't Pires use to play on the right, Zizou in the middle and Titi Henry on the left? He couldn't have been that bad because the tactic was said to be based around him and ZZ.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

When France played 4-2-3-1 didn't Pires use to play on the right, Zizou in the middle and Titi Henry on the left? He couldn't have been that bad because the tactic was said to be based around him and ZZ.
yes he played there(not more than 4-5 matches) but he didnt do too well.

anyway at the start of this season he played at the right when both Vieira and ljunberg were injured.and he was terrible.

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #68
    true pires isnt sharp on the left, mainly cos he cant cut in and become part of the play very easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)