Lazio start derby countdown (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
The Rome derby is always a fiery occasion and the two clubs are already trading insults in the press ahead of the Jan 6 showdown.

“I do not envy Roma anything, not even Francesco Totti,” assured Lazio President Claudio Lotito. “We have the players and now the Coach to beat them.”

It will be a tough debut match for new tactician Giuseppe Papadopulo, who was brought in after Mimmo Caso’s dismissal on December 27.

“I signed the most expensive Coach that was available to me, so the fans can no longer sing, ‘Pay up, Lotito’. Now the team has no more alibis and must play with a style fitting the Lazio colours.”

The President has certainly made changes at the club he has supported since childhood, buying up a side that was verging on bankruptcy.

“I only took on the Biancocelesti out of love for this club,” he said six months after the paperwork was completed. “It’s almost a Mission Impossible here and I have dug up a legal precedent that allows me to pay the outstanding taxes in instalments, as it was a £100m debt created by the previous owners.”

If Lazio are sending messages out to Roma – such as Roberto Muzzi noting, “They don’t scare me in the slightest” – then their rivals are also preparing for this clash.

“We hope to start the New Year with a victory, and considering the fact it’s a derby that will be even more important,” said Giallorossi boss Gigi Del Neri.

“Aside from the individual result of this match for our standing in the table, it is worth so much more than three points. This could make or break our season.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
“We have the players and now the Coach to beat them.”

If Lazio are sending messages out to Roma – such as Roberto Muzzi noting, “They don’t scare me in the slightest” – then their rivals are also preparing for this clash.
They have the players to beat us? Thats funny! Lotito is a comedian!

As for the 'amazing' Roberto Muzzi, I can quite assure him, no-one is scared of him!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)