Laundry help (4 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Ugh very well. But I've done this before and people would react no more than "OK, thanks" which is not very satisfying. Anyway:

Most smells in clothing (not counting sweat, that's a whole other substance) attach to the surface of clothing, alas, their molecules do. Steam can get rid of those by attaching it those molecules in waterform, and then (due to the heat of the iron in the method I explained to Josh) take those molecules with them as they rise when the water turns into gas (steam).

That's the rough lines. Not sure if I translated every word correctly but I suppose you get the point.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #49
    You need to explain that to me Erik. Does your religion permit you to use msn?

Speaking of which, I miss Vicky. I wonder what happened to her...

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    Layce Erayce said:
    Are you saying if I wanted to get in touch with you via IMs it couldnt happen?

Hambon who you callin a cheapskate?

My mama....for not cleaning my clothes now that i am a grown adult..:D

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    Erik said:
    That's a tricky one though! It sometimes messes up clothing.

Josh, you can do what the drycleaner does yourself.

Take the shirt (or whatever it is) and lay it on a table/ironing board or something similar. Then take a towel and soak it in clean, warm water then wring it out but not too much, you need it to be wet. Place the towel flat on the t-shirt (one layer, don't fold) and start ironing over it. The steam from the towel will clean the shirt.

It's not a miracle method, won't clean heavy stains etc. but it will probably remove most bad smells.

You can tell I've been living on my own for two years already can't you? :D
    You´ve gotta be gay? :lol:
    Figures it has to be a laundry thread to hook you up again... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)