Laundry help (2 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
Nobody seems to know how to clean nylon/polyester without sending it to the dry cleaners. I dont want to. How do i do it? I didnt even find stuff online.
dip it in Acid. :D

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Lac, is there any reason you don't just soak it over night and drop it in the washing machine with good smelling detergent on the long cycle?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
What time is it when a really foul-smelling gorilla sleeps in your bed and masturbates all over your sheets?

Time to ask juventuz.com for some laundry help.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
what do u do with urs?
The ones that really smell bad are my soccer clothes, but what i do is that i wash them as soon as i finish playing so that it's still wet and the smell isn't stuck in the fabric. i hand was the bad stains. that's about it.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Lac, is there any reason you don't just soak it over night and drop it in the washing machine with good smelling detergent on the long cycle?
That's a tricky one though! It sometimes messes up clothing.

Josh, you can do what the drycleaner does yourself.

Take the shirt (or whatever it is) and lay it on a table/ironing board or something similar. Then take a towel and soak it in clean, warm water then wring it out but not too much, you need it to be wet. Place the towel flat on the t-shirt (one layer, don't fold) and start ironing over it. The steam from the towel will clean the shirt.

It's not a miracle method, won't clean heavy stains etc. but it will probably remove most bad smells.

You can tell I've been living on my own for two years already can't you? :D

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    i have better things to spend my money on

midi cables, distortion pedals, doobs, fx, a new 4-track, clothes from the thrift store, choons, and my dad just did the taxes so were even broker than usual :D

thanks for the advice though. you especially erik ;)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Launder clothing using soap and water??? BRILLIANT!

What else you working on?

Well, do you remember how we used to dry our clothes by hanging them on moose antlers? Well, I have invented a machine that will actually spin the clothes dry.

Dry clothes? BRILLIANT!
    BRILLIANT!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    it smells so horrible. especially the socks. so so so horrible.
    Just imagine it's Pippo's heavenly sweat you're wringing out of them :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    I have a question that might be relevant.. why do they call it DRY cleaning..? don't the clothes come wet..?
    Well you don't get the clothes back wet :p

The solution used to wash the clothes is a liquid, but the actual cleaning process is called drycleaning because there's no water involved.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    I have a question that might be relevant.. why do they call it DRY cleaning..? don't the clothes come wet..?
    Because they use steam. Steam, as you probably know, is a gas, not a liquid (water in this case) and hence it's called dry cleaning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)