Laudrup to coach Real?? (2 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Is he that good??

----------------------------------------------------------------

Laudrup resigns as coach of Brondby

COPENHAGEN, May 22 (Reuters) - Former Denmark great Michael Laudrup has resigned as manager of Brondby after four years at the helm, saying he is ready to take on bigger challenges abroad.

Laudrup, who played for Brondby, Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid in an illustrious career, won the superleague title with the Danish club last year.

Danish media have speculated the 41-year-old Laudrup could be in the running to be the new Real Madrid coach after the Spanish team ended their third season in a row without a major trophy.

'Whether I am prepared (to coach a big European club) I can not say, but I have the desire for the biggest challenge if it should appear,' Laudrup told Danish daily Politiken on Monday.

'I am ready for the next step and whatever happens it will be exciting. I have been following international football and know a lot of thinks have changed since I played.'

Laudrup, who many Danes regard as the best Danish footballer ever, took over as Brondby coach in 2002 after working as an assistant to national team coach Morten Olsen.

In his four years with the capital club he won the superleague once and the Danish cup twice. This year Brondby finished second in the first division behind arch rivals FC Copenhagen.

According to Danish media, Laudrup was ready to sign a new deal with Brondby but wanted a longer contract than the club would offer. The club also turned down Laudrup's wish for a release clause.

Laudrup's assistant John Jensen, the former Brondby and Arsenal player, has also left the club.

Reuters
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=368517&campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    Zé Tahir said:
    ReBel you've quickly become the news whore here :D
    Sorry for opening more threads if that annoys you, Tahir...

The News Whore??

Could I use it under my nickname??:p

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    ReBeL said:
    Sorry for opening more threads if that annoys you, Tahir...

The News Whore??

Could I use it under my nickname??:p
    No problems at all, but you have been finding and providing us with some vital news ever since the scandal, if there was a medal I would give it to you :D

permission granted ;)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    Zé Tahir said:
    No problems at all, but you have been finding and providing us with some vital news ever since the scandal, if there was a medal I would give it to you :D

permission granted ;)
    I hope we can get the best outcome for our club in the end of this case, man...

Then, that will be my prize:smoke:

I hope to bring good news all the time, but it seems so difficult these days...

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
    i'm from denmark, and i don't think he has got what it takes, yet.
    only reason why he as been mentioned is because Raul treasure him so highly, so by naming him as their coach-candidate, the president-candidate stands stronger come election-day.

1 championship and 2 coppas ain't really that much considering he coached brøndby. in dk there are only 2 teams each year fighting for it, really. and considering he has got every player that he has wanted on his list, he hasn't won enough.
    he likes offensive play, but he hasn't managed to win enough trophies with that philosophy. in fact a lot of away-games were lost this season, partly because of the offensive play was naive and because he a bit short of experience.
    he tends to keep a bit distance to his players, kind of like english managers. his assistant runs the training. and i doubt that the 2 of them are able to get the respect needed in the lockerroom. some might not know laudrup and fewer knows john jensen. the duo might not be the brazilians cup of tea, since the brazilians like a bit of fun and don't take practice so seriously.

why he might be the answer, well he is a man of the offensive play which they like to play in real. he knows the club and he knows spanish football. he was part of the dream team which ruled spain back then. won 4 national titles with barca. frozen out by cruyff, went to real and won the primera division right away.
    at real he'll have the players or the funds to get the players to make a team that can play and win by offensive play. in dk it's hard to attract those players, few really good foreigners wants to come to dk, and the best danish players wants to go to bigger leagues to prove themselves.

buttomline i think he is still a bit too green to take on a big club like real. plus he needs to make a name of himself as a coach before he can truely get respected, no use if the players don't respect the coach from day one.
    besides he if takes on the job, the chances for becoming barca-coach is pretty slim and i think barca is still in his heart.
    chances for failure are bigger than they are for success, which could end his career as a coach early.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)