Laptop (1 Viewer)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
My girl just decided she needs a new laptop. She's not entirely convinced what to get, but something from a Dell, Sony or a Mac would be preferable for her. She only use it for web surfing, movies and normal girls stuff. Any recommendations ladies and gents?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, I had no choice last minute cause I'm leaving tommorow.
Just get ready to use the laptop as a plugged in device after the first year is over. And you can also use it as a heater when the one in your dorm room breaks down :p

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
icεmαή;2597515 said:
Just get ready to use the laptop as a plugged in device after the first year is over. And you can also use it as a heater when the one in your dorm room breaks down :p
What do you recommend, Asif?

OP
A͎u͎s͎h͎
Jul 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #52
    Aush, I downloaded Human After All and put it on my MP3 player. When I tried to play it, my player froze up... TWICE! :snoop: All other songs play fine!
    :confused:

Delete. Use this one -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N3KU2BRI

icεmαή;2597515 said:
    Dammnnn. :frown:

Now I'm having to copy all my using and software. This is going to take a while.

Apr 15, 2006
    Oh. Well if you're gonna be working on graphic-heavy software, then getting a lappy with a powerful GPU and plenty of RAM is important. It wouldn't really matter which brand you go for. I'm thinking, consumer-grade notebooks might not meet your needs. Have you thought about getting commercial\business-grade laptops?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    So now she decided it's between a Vaio or a Macbook. I think she'll go for a Macbook. Both cost around the same in here.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    :
    Dammnnn. :frown:

Now I'm having to copy all my using and software. This is going to take a while.
    I was just kidding dude. Its not all bad. The XPS is actually a pretty neat device.

@Rami: He'd recommend a Sony Vaio.
    Not really. Even though I am more than satisfied with the laptop I have, I am aware of problems which some models of Vaio suffer from.

What do you recommend, Asif?
    Looking at your requirements, you should be getting business laptops like Sheik said. I've only used one (a low end one to be honest) and its a Lenovo. I don't think you can go wrong with a Lenovo. If money is not an issue, try this Lenovo ThinkPad W700. Very steeply priced though.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    Oh. Well if you're gonna be working on graphic-heavy software, then getting a lappy with a powerful GPU and plenty of RAM is important. It wouldn't really matter which brand you go for. I'm thinking, consumer-grade notebooks might not meet your needs. Have you thought about getting commercial\business-grade laptops?
    Which ones are the business laptos?

icεmαή;2597628 said:
    Looking at your requirements, you should be getting business laptops like Sheik said. I've only used one (a low end one to be honest) and its a Lenovo. I don't think you can go wrong with a Lenovo. If money is not an issue, try this Lenovo ThinkPad W700. Very steeply priced though.
    I'll check it up :tup:

Thanks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)