Lack of urgency! (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Am concerned about how we approach our games. I watched all the Serie A matches last season and some of the friendlies just past. Am worried about the lack of urgency in our game. We play a rather flat game, it's like we are slogging it out, working hard at it. Where did our rythm go? Our wave after wave of attacking football?
Did anyone else notice this or am I asking for too much?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
let some serieA games passes ,i cann't clearly predict what they do.

but i think our last scudetto was casual and luck which i like this case.:D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I don't think a team would put its full potential in a friendly match .. the coach usually try new things, and makes alot of changes with the formation as well as the players - which affects the players themselves as they lack concentration. Anyway, the new season will start soon, and only based on that we can judge our performance. I've watched nearly all Inter's friendly matches, and they were very poor except for the CL second leg qualification match.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Its down to the lack of creativity in our team at the moment, we also lack pace and resorting to long balls from defence to attack does not help.

But the biggest prob is still the lack of balance which the accomodation of Nedved has brought to the midfield and the gaping hole which Zz has left

Its hard to play good football when the right back is a central defender, the playmaker is actually an attacking midfielder and your centre forward is a goal getter and little else

OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    I don't think a team would put its full potential in a friendly match ..
    My concern includes last years Serie A games too dpforever.

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Its down to the lack of creativity in our team at the moment, we also lack pace and resorting to long balls from defence to attack does not help.

But the biggest prob is still the lack of balance which the accomodation of Nedved has brought to the midfield and the gaping hole which Zz has left

Its hard to play good football when the right back is a central defender, the playmaker is actually an attacking midfielder and your centre forward is a goal getter and little else
    Your arguments are spot on denco. The high balls from the midfield are a curse to our game. Do you think with this midfield the urgency can be improved?

Davids----Nedved----Camoranesi-----Zambrotta (when he returns)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I do not think so as the there is still a distinct lack of creativity and maybe pace in this midfield.

For fluidity and urgency as you put it, to happen, a couple of players have to be on the same wavelenght and i do not see it with this midfield as they all play differently and have nothing in common

Four of them are from diff countries for one, they have not really been in the same line up for a period of time to develop a rapport and who will play where in this midfield as Davids is the only one who is defensive, Camo and Zambrotta are not quick, none of them can play a killer pass., and they are not quick in thought, Zz , Veron are not quick pace wise but they have qucik of thot and see that pass that differentiates a quick break from a laboured one

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Juve have been relying heavily on the left midfield. The few games that we utilised Zambrotta on the the right were very fruitful & entertaining. If we could maintain Davids on the left & Zamby on the right then I really do believe Camo can work up the centre to supply a two man attack and Tachi to play a defensive role.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Last season was like a trial test for formations. This season seems to be likewise. A three man defense would be best while Davids & Tachi have to back peddle to help out in defense.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Over-working players when they are not up to 100% match fitness leads to aching legs, possible injuries, and sometimes DEATH.....

no not really :D

but u get my point right?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    this summer we have looked steady in the friendly games so we can slightly relax.besides,we have an easy start to the season to ease us into the pace of things so undoubtedly we will persevere. some woory is inevitable but i guess we should look towards the atalanta match before we decide on this....besides,slow and steady wins the race!though it will be a little different in football,i think camoranesi can spice up the mid.zamby's abscence gives him a chance as well,although he will be returning soon.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    Quick start and leading wins trophees in football IMO...
    And a good opinion too :D
    I second that :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)