Lack Of Serie A Coverage in Singapore (1 Viewer)

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
I am fighting a losing battle to get the local cable company to show a more complete seria a coverage of matches , up till 2 years ago we had up to 4-5 matches shown on the weekends now they show only 2 matces or so some live some delayed but only between the smaller teams (eg-catania vs torino) or big teams vs small teams (milan vs catania) but never the big games esp among the top six teams eg-milan vs inter or milan vs roma don't even talk about juventus. i had watch most of the goals and matches thru youtube and streams but i dont enjoy these form of mediums but at this moment got no choice .The local cable has explained that the big games are negotiated seperately therfore the cost is higher which they do not want to absorb and therefore unwilling to show these games the focus in my country is more on the EPL as a lot local ppl think we are still under the british rule ha ha(Sinagpore was once a british colony).The media always focus on the epl and even primera liga gets more coverage.sorry for the long fr i am pissed but i would liked to know if indeed the tv rights are negotiated seperately esp for the big games and is the main brodcaster RAI tv? Btw i am prob on the blacklist of cable company but what the heck will try my level best to get them to show more games this season.Btw any bros facing the same problem as well ?

would appreciate some feedback thanks

Forza Juve

Buy on AliExpress.com

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Rai doesn't show a live match any more in Italia, only films each game for the "Novantesimo Minuto" & "Domenica Sportiva" highlights shows, & for beaming to other countries, (the best available match of the day, which is not always the top clubs because of the different starting times) Sky Italia shows ALL Serie A & B (package deals & pay per view) & Mediaset uses its "Premium" channels to show selected games, again a subscription or ppv.

OP

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3
    Rai doesn't show a live match any more in Italia, only films each game for the "Novantesimo Minuto" & "Domenica Sportiva" highlights shows, & for beaming to other countries, (the best available match of the day, which is not always the top clubs because of the different starting times) Sky Italia shows ALL Serie A & B (package deals & pay per view) & Mediaset uses its "Premium" channels to show selected games, again a subscription or ppv.

Hey bro thanks for the info looks like sky is controliing all the damn soccer matches as here we get the epl and primera liga from sky thru the local operator
    looks like it is time to show some ppl power to my cable operator thanks again:)

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
    Italy isn't so stupid...Silvio Berlusconi, Mediaset owner, has a large stake in Sky Italia...I won't go into Italian politics here but suffice it to say the Italian government if & when it suits them can & will tell Sky what to do, as opposed, say to the UK where Sky has a monopoly...

OP

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5
    Italy isn't so stupid...Silvio Berlusconi, Mediaset owner, has a large stake in Sky Italia...I won't go into Italian politics here but suffice it to say the Italian government if & when it suits them can & will tell Sky what to do, as opposed, say to the UK where Sky has a monopoly...
    thats good the home country must have some control over foreign investments
    that involve the home country.sigh if only it worked here as well as we only have one cable company albeit local company that monoplises the market so we have no choice when they raise the price u either pay up more or cancel the subscription like recently they just mention a additional price increase for the sports channel mostly due to rising tv rights of epl fark .btw do u guys also get affected by cable price increase esp for football and how often?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)