"La Vecchia Signora" and "La Fidanzata d'Italia" ?? (2 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2007
Heyy .. I'm doing a presentation on Juventus next week for my italian class and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas !!!

Does anyone know how Juve became known as "La Vecchia Signora" and "La Fidanzata dItalia" ?? I thought it might be kind of interesting to include the story behind the origins of those nicknames.

But if you know of any other interesting facts or have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them !!

Thanks . :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
juventina10
Apr 15, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3
    well thank you so much for the effort, but i don't really understand the explanation there .

"This nickname (la vecchia signora), globally famous, was derived by the standard of living of then founders, all young torinesi students, in the latest years of the nineteenth century." But WHY did they name it that ??

"The club is also nicknamed la Fidanzata d'Italia (the Girlfriend of Italy), because the club was highly supported by the immigrant workers from Italy's south, who arrived in Turin to work for FIAT since the third decade of twentieth century)." Again, it's still not clear to me WHY they chose the name !!!

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    "This nickname (la vecchia signora), globally famous, was derived by the standard of living of then founders, all young torinesi students, in the latest years of the nineteenth century." But WHY did they name it that ??
    It is called La Vecchia Signora, as it says above, because the students that founded it, lived like old ladies, i.e. no luxuries, just enough to live.
    I thought it was called la Vecchia Signora as it is one of the older clubs in Italy.

"The club is also nicknamed la Fidanzata d'Italia (the Girlfriend of Italy), because the club was highly supported by the immigrant workers from Italy's south, who arrived in Turin to work for FIAT since the third decade of twentieth century)." Again, it's still not clear to me WHY they chose the name !!!
    As a girlfried provides support when needed and comfort, so did FIAT, who gave jobs to those people that very little money in the south, and needed to make a living.

All the things i said are derived from those two paragraphs.

OP
    juventina10
    Apr 15, 2007
  • Thread Starter #6
    It is called La Vecchia Signora, as it says above, because the students that founded it, lived like old ladies, i.e. no luxuries, just enough to live.
    I thought it was called la Vecchia Signora as it is one of the older clubs in Italy.

As a girlfried provides support when needed and comfort, so did FIAT, who gave jobs to those people that very little money in the south, and needed to make a living.

All the things i said are derived from those two paragraphs.

ohhhh ok i see now !! :oops:
    thank you very very much !!:)

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    okay .. well, i weigh somewhere around 120-125 pounds. and I'm definitely not a vegetarian. anything else ??
    I was kidding when I chose those questions, but if you want to give us some info about yourself, try to:

1- Why did you choose Juve?
    2- How did you reach this forum?
    3- Give your credit card details to Snoop...
    4- How old are you?
    5- Will you post after today again?

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Well, I think you should make an effort to get that, Bes...

By the way, you have a better chance to know her in person. You're closer to her in age, and all what you need is a taxi to reach her.
    at 17 she's too old for bes, he likes then 15 and under :D

OP
    juventina10
    Apr 15, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15
    I was kidding when I chose those questions, but if you want to give us some info about yourself, try to:

1- Why did you choose Juve?
    2- How did you reach this forum?
    3- Give your credit card details to Snoop...
    4- How old are you?
    5- Will you post after today again?
    ok gotchaaaa :p

1- well i've actually only been a juve fan for just over a year now, which was when i really started to get in to soccer .. and i just fell in love with the team the first time I saw them play. Actually it was even before I saw them play to tell the truth .. I heard them signing 'Il mio canto libero" and absolutely loved the song. I started to get interested in the sport aspect of it shortly after that. And now that they're in serie B i'm an even bigger fan !! I just love this team .. There's something really special about them that no other team has. It's like magic .

2- I really have no clue how I came across this forum .. i've been visiting it every now and them for the past few months and I only decided to become a memeber today because I want to start posting .. which answers question 5. lol. I do hope to keep posting !! (if that's ok with you ...)

3- ok sure. no problem. but wait, who's snoop ?? (hahah JK JK) :D

4- And Lastly, I am 17 years old !

:)

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    ok gotchaaaa :p

1- well i've actually only been a juve fan for just over a year now, which was when i really started to get in to soccer .. and i just fell in love with the team the first time I saw them play. Actually it was even before I saw them play to tell the truth .. I heard them signing 'Il mio canto libero" and absolutely loved the song. I started to get interested in the sport aspect of it shortly after that. And now that they're in serie B i'm an even bigger fan !! I just love this team .. There's something really special about them that no other team has. It's like magic .

2- I really have no clue how I came across this forum .. i've been visiting it every now and them for the past few months and I only decided to become a memeber today because I want to start posting .. which answers question 5. lol. I do hope to keep posting !! (if that's ok with you ...)

3- ok sure. no problem. but wait, who's snoop ?? (hahah JK JK) :D

4- And Lastly, I am 17 years old !

:)
    Nice...SO, catch you later...I have to go to sleep...I have work in less than 5 hours...

what close to age, she is 17
    I meant that your age is closer to her than me, Bes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)