Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't believe it but...........

Juve, preso Stam
Sarà il pilastro
della nuova difesa
L’olandese ha detto sì a Moggi ma arriverà soltanto a giugno

di Fabio Vergnano

TORINO. Jaap Stam, il colosso olandese di 31 anni, sta per accettare la Juve. Nonostante le pessime referenze che pare gli abbiano fornito Davids e Van der Sar sul club bianconero, il netto no opposto a un trasferimento dalla Lazio alla squadra di Lippi si è tramutato in un sì. Arriverà a giugno, avrà un contratto fino al 2006, ovvero per una stagione in più rispetto alla scadenza del suo impegno con la Lazio, terminato il quale avrebbe voluto ritornare in Olanda.

It says that Jaap Stam will come to Juve next summer and will sign a contract until June 2006.

I don't mind if he comes but we must buy 2 young defenders with him. Mexès, Lucio, Rodriguez, Ferrari, Milito, Squillaci, Mareco, Kroldrup, Dainelli, Cribari, Escudé, Kompany, Hofland or Burdisso, Hinkel, Bonera(not), Evra, Armand are good choice.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
I don't mind if he comes but we must buy 2 young defenders with him. Mexès, Lucio, Rodriguez, Ferrari, Milito, Squillaci, Mareco, Kroldrup, Dainelli, Cribari, Escudé, Kompany, Hofland or Burdisso, Hinkel, Bonera(not), Evra, Armand are good choice.
y???

Zamb--Legro---Stam--Thuram

or

Zambr--Ferarri--Stam--Thuram

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    well, stam is great and all but june doesnt help us now and he is 31 years old. how does this really help us? spend the cash on mexes and ferrari and least we have two central defenders who are quality and young!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I think this is a good move by Moggi, if Stam isnt too expensive and if we dont give Lazio any of our youngsters. Stam will play the last few years of his top class football in Juve, and when he's 33 (around the age like Montero, Iuliano and Thuram now and younger than Ferrara) he'll just go away.

Bravo Moggi.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    if montero, iuliano and ferrara are not there next season, then i wouldnt mind having stam as our experienced defender. we have tudor but he is injury prone.

but what worries me is that moggi will buy stam and thats it. he'll keep montero etc...and we'll just add another 30 plus year old defender to our squad. Surely Moggi realises that we need youth in that defence.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i believe all three shouldnt be there next season. Iuliano should have been sold last summer and monteor was showing these bad signs during last season as well.

Actually, Ferrara has shown more than montero and iuliano over the past 2 seasons and i feel safer when he starts rather than montero.

Montero and Ferrara have the experience and the brains, but physically, they are not up to it anymore. Simple as that.

Jul 28, 2002
    :fero: stam.....man u reject. No thanks, yes he may add, but if moggi thinks he's so0lved the problem by getting stam, then he needs a good slap.

Stam would merely be a stop gap.

Mexes, Trabelsi, Lucio etc are the future for us,stam is not.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    channel 4

Juve still have Stam hope
    Sunday 1 February, 2004

Juventus are still in the hunt to sign Jaap Stam – despite Inter gaining an option on the Lazio star.

The Nerazzurri are in pole to net the Dutchman in the summer after an agreement was reached during the Dejan Stankovic negotiations.

However, Juve transfer guru Luciano Moggi has hinted that his club are not out of the running.

"A lot of things can happen between now and June," explained the Bianconeri director general.

Stam, who is expected to be sold by the capital outfit at the end of this term, is also being chased by Milan.

Meanwhile, Moggi was also asked whether Dejan Stankovic could be banned after he allegedly signed an agreement to join Juventus prior to his Inter switch.

"That is not a question for me to answer," replied Moggi.

Reports suggest that Juve haven’t handed in the contract to the relevant authorities which means the saga should go no further.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Stam sounds very good to me, but as I have stressed over and over again, only if he's for the right price and if we keep Maresca and Miccoli. Jaap will give us at least two quality seasons and if Moggi can bring in an upcoming youngster like Ferrari, Mexes or Rodriguez to partner him, we'd be in very good shape for both the present and the future.

Jul 28, 2002
    stu i have to disagree, i believe that if moggi bought stam, he'd be our number one cb, then he would sign a unkown youngster, loaning him out fo rthe seaosn, hopeing he would turn good then replaceing stam with him.....

But surely it would be better if we merely invested into a player such as mexes, jus like ut with rio, milan with nesta, roma with chivu......who did we get...Legro!! A man that is unkown to people are outside of italy.

We needed to invest in the young quality last year, but we didnt, this year, trabelsi on free, mexes for cash, would be a great deal.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I don't think that Moggi is that ignorant. If Montero, ferrara, Iuliano and possibly Fresi leave, we'll be needing a grand total of FOUR new defenders. Even Moggi will realise that Stam alone won't cut it.

I would get Jaap, who could play the Ferrara role, and two younger players. Any of Mexes, Ferrari, Lucio, Rodriguez, Burdisso would do well, plus Trabelsi on a free.

Hatem would take up the right back role, while one of the young guns + Stam would make up the central defensive partnership. Zambro would of course be the left back.

Jul 28, 2002
    dont think luliano is leaving, monty might stay, he may persuade ferara to play on...moggi, at worst would make stam his number one.

I hope he has already scouted and signed up some decent young defeners on pre-contract....jus waiting now :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)