La Liga 2017/18 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Nah it would be good for us. They'd give us much needed competition and more exposure
If Nipples suddenly signed Messi, Iniesta and Suarez do you think that would be good for us too? It would give the league "competition" and "exposure" :rolleyes:

Yes lets hope a team that would smash through every small Serie A team in sight with total ease is suddenly our competitior. We might beat them head to head but in no way do we match them in beating up on the small sides. A team that would actually get somewhere in the CL and force us to split our CL earnings in half every season. Yea I want that team here.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
If Nipples suddenly signed Messi, Iniesta and Suarez do you think that would be good for us too? It would give the league "competition" and "exposure" :rolleyes:

Yes lets hope a team that would smash through every small Serie A team in sight with total ease is suddenly our competitior. We might beat them head to head but in no way do we match them in beating up on the small sides. A team that would actually get somewhere in the CL and force us to split our CL earnings in half every season. Yea I want that team here.
It will push us to be even better; competition does that and it's positive. Winning a weak Serie A doesn't hold much value for us and winning the SPL even less for Celtic now that Rangers sucks for example. And in Celtic's case, they've been a lot weaker the moment their rival got bankrupt.

We'd get much more money from the exposure the league will get than CL earnings. Fearing competition is loser talk.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Barca would have a hard time in Serie A. Any top team would struggle if they suddenly had to play in another league imo
I disagree. Sure some teams would struggle adjusting but im pretty sure barca would wreck most of serie A. Remember when that dumb british pundit claimed barca would struggle in PL because of a cold night in the brittanica etc and everybody laughed

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I disagree. Sure some teams would struggle adjusting but im pretty sure barca would wreck most of serie A. Remember when that dumb british pundit claimed barca would struggle in PL because of a cold night in the brittanica etc and everybody laughed
In a one off game against Pescara.maybe they'd win 6-0 or more, but the unfamiliarity with the style of play, tactics and culture could be difficult to deal with every week

It's not like theres much of a difference in quality between the fodder teams in their league and those in Serie A

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Come on, we have been winning 6 Scudetto's in a row, we're dying for some decent competition, if there was a chance to get a powerhouse moving to Serie A we should support the idea with all we got.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
So there is no competition in serie a for juve
we've won the Scudetto 6 years in a row and twice it was by 4 points, the other 4 times there wasn't even a Scudetto race to talk about as it was already over at March. I'd say that's pretty poor competition, if we want Serie A to improve it badly needs more quality top of the table

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
we've won the Scudetto 6 years in a row and twice it was by 4 points, the other 4 times there wasn't even a Scudetto race to talk about as it was already over at March. I'd say that's pretty poor competition, if we want Serie A to improve it badly needs more quality top of the table
But adding one great team doesn't make league competitive we need 4 or 5 teams who can challenge us like in the mid 90's and personally I don't care as winning trophies is only thing that matters

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
But adding one great team doesn't make league competitive we need 4 or 5 teams who can challenge us like in the mid 90's and personally I don't care as winning trophies is only thing that matters
it definitely makes the league infinitely more attractive

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What would be great is if Barcelona just got dumped from La Liga and added nowhere. Just gone from the football world. That would benefit us all :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)