LA COPPA: Juventus - Internazionale (44 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Lippi: We don not need any more defenders as all they need is a bit of concentration
Moggi: We would not be buying anymore players in January as we have enough quality
Zizou: Am i the only one who thinks that our squad does not need strenghtening?
Please guys whatever it is ure'all smoking, I want some of it
What do Ferrara, Iuliano, Tudor have in common?
Well where do i begin, they are very slow, past it, and have no idea what positional sense is anymore. Also they both would be sick of the sights of Adriano and Recoba

I do not like the way we play at all as there is very little coordination, always looking for first time balls which invariably lead to offside, players who cannot control or pass the ball is a regular occurrence

Appiah, how a player can go through matches and give the ball away as many times as he does is beyond me, he gave the impression that he was a ready placed replacement for Davids, but so far he has sucked huge time.

Miccolli apart from a couple of passes and free kick that hit the post was completely anonymous

Maresca did alright but there was a time he ought to have gone for goal but he passed to Di Vaio and a couple of times where ought to have passed but he shot was over the bar

Di Vaio the best player for us on the say which was not saying much and Nedved came on and added a bit of sparkle, something his captain unfortunately did not do

I cannot understand why Dp would come on in a game we have to win and then decide to play so deep but he did help to set up the equaliser and made a couple of good passes just wish he could be up for more games like Nedved does

Iuliano, well, I have to totally agree with everything Zaltan has written in the past about Iuliano as he is quite catastrophic. The amazing thing about this is that Inter could and probably should have scored about 4 goals

Not sure if we are putting all our eggs in the Cl basket but if we are, we have to get a defence from somewhere, otherwise we be fooked

Man, you took the words right out of my mouth !!!

All I can add is that this team is going NOWHERE with this amateur defense.

Playing 3 in the back is virtual suicide !!! With the personnel we have, we need to play 7 on the back line !!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
But a 3 man defence actually means a 5 man defence, cos when we play with 4 defence they actually are 2 defenders as Zambrotta and the other full back still go up. So theoretically, a 3 man defence = more protection.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
But a 3 man defence actually means a 5 man defence, cos when we play with 4 defence they actually are 2 defenders as Zambrotta and the other full back still go up. So theoretically, a 3 man defence = more protection.
I agree, a 3 man defence actually means we'd have 3 central backs and two wingbacks.

BFC82

Oct 24, 2003
Caught the 2nd half of the game, it was fairly even until Toldo got sent off. Overall, very balanced and exciting game, and Im sure the return leg will be even more. By the way, thats 4 points we have collected off of Juve this season....all away!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thanks Z...I thought I was the only one seeing this tactical set-up ;)

Yeah, this is how I think it went:

Zambrotta ------------------------ Pessotto

----------Iuliano - Ferrara - Tudor----------

Nyos

Feb 1, 2004
GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Chimenti 5.5, Ferrara 6, Nedved sv, Tudor 5.5, Iuliano 4, Pessotto 6, Conte 6, Del Piero 6, Maresca 5.5, Appiah 6, Zambrotta 6, Camoranesi 6.5, Miccoli 6.5, Di Vaio 7.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Chimenti 5.5, Ferrara 6, Nedved sv, Tudor 5, Iuliano 5, Pessotto 6.5, Conte 6.5, Del Piero 6, Maresca 5.5, Appiah 5.5, Zambrotta 5, Camoranesi 6, Miccoli 6.5, Di Vaio 7.5.

TUTTOSPORT: Chimenti 5.5, Ferrara 5, Nedved sv, Tudor 5, Iuliano 4, Pessotto 6, Conte 6, Del Piero 5, Maresca 6, Appiah 6, Zambrotta 5.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Miccoli 6.5, Di Vaio 7.5.

LA STAMPA: Chimenti 5.5, Ferrara 6, Nedved sv, Tudor 5, Iuliano 4.5, Pessotto 6, Conte 6.5, Del Piero 5.5, Maresca 5.5, Appiah 5.5, Zambrotta 6, Camoranesi 6, Miccoli 6.5, Di Vaio 7.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Chimenti 5, Ferrara 6, Nedved 6, Tudor 6, Iuliano 6, Pessotto 6, Conte 6.5, Del Piero 6, Maresca 6.5, Appiah 5.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Miccoli 7, Di Vaio 6.5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Chimenti 5.5, Ferrara 5.5, Nedved sv, Tudor 5, Iuliano 4.5, Pessotto 6, Conte 6, Del Piero 5.5, Maresca 6, Appiah 5, Zambrotta 5.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Miccoli 6.5, Di Vaio 7.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I saw the game... and yeah... our defence did not very well.......

The game was very exciting.. but maybe we will pay our errors in the san siro.
I still believe that we can win.. but with this defence we will suffer a lot.

Di Vaio did evry well today... at elats he tried har and scored 2 goals. Now Lippi will have a difficult choice beetween him and Trezeguet for the roma super clash!!!!. I heard that lippi is even thinking to bench DP for divaio!?

I just cant wait for the return leg....
I will not be ashamed to lose against inter because...we have to admit it... with adrino at the front..Inter will solve all their scoring problems...and add their good defence. IN other 32ords... now Inter is a very tough team.

tomijanac

Nov 3, 2003
kaizer believe it or not, Tudor has done this thing many times. The most famous example being Juve-Deportivo of last year with Tudor scoring the third goal in injury time.

He was doign the same today...he air abilities really help out especially against a defence that did not have any real ball winners in the air. Nearly scored the winner in the end.
i couldn't agree more,i think that nobody watches him or he has two keepers 'cause of his excellent head so eather way it's good ...:D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I will not be ashamed to lose against inter because...we have to admit it... with adrino at the front..Inter will solve all their scoring problems...and add their good defence. IN other 32ords... now Inter is a very tough team.
no no no I hate losing against Inter even if it was just a friendly between the Juve and Inter janitors :D

But hey, what scoring problems did Inter have? With Vieri, Martins and Cruz they did not have any problems upfront. It was more the midfield who was a bit weak but now they might have solved it with Stankovic.

Aug 1, 2003
okay lets put the past behind us. True our defense is horrible, horrendous or whatever you call it, but facts are facts- we DIDN'T buy anyone, nothing we could do bout it now, so we might as well just concentrate with those we have.

Although Toldo isn't playing, Adriano still scares me. It'll be hard to go through with our second leg at San Siro, and I really want the silver star , but hey, everyone thought we can't win against Barca at Nou Camp :)

Let's stay positive and hope for the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)