LA COPPA: Juventus - Internazionale (16 Viewers)

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Still, it's probably the competition that gets a club the most recognition in the world
and why? cuz you can see every single game live, and coverages before and after the matches - it's a huge media and advertisment bubble. if national cups would get such an support in marketing and financial efforts everyone would cry "oh forget ManU - I want to see Napoli -vs- Torino. this is real soccer!!!!" :D - it's only big business.

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
and i think people underestimate us because we won much more domestically than intercontinentally
It's not a shame to be succesful at home. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

--------------------------------------------------------
Coppa Italia Roll of Honours
Juventus 9 wins
Roma 7 wins
Torino 5 wins
Fiorentina 5 wins
Milan 5 wins
Sampdoria 4 wins
Inter 3 wins
Napoli 3 wins
Lazio 3 wins
Parma 3 wins
Bologna 2 wins
Atalanta 1 win
Genoa 1 win
Vado 1 win
Venezia 1 win
Vicenza 1 win
--------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I believe Inter will be more serious about winning this match and the Coppa altogether. They are out of the Scudetto and Champions League and only have this Coppa as a realisitc chance to win silverware. The UEFA Cup is also possible, but difficult to win with so many strong sides competing in it such as Roma, Liverpool, Barca, Valencia, etc. In fact, Zac played with the strongest possible line-up against Udinese in the QF and that says alot.

Inter is also the team that benefited the most from the January Transfer Window, as Adriano is now back and scoring wouldn't be a problem for them anymore. Stankovic is also a nice addition in midfield, but I think Zac will have to revert to a 4-4-2, with Vieri-Adriano upfront and drop the ineffecient 3-4-3 formation that he used to play with previosuly.

As for Juve, I think we will be more concerned about the Roma match the following Sunday. However, our second team (especially Maresca and Miccoli) should be raring to go. The Serie A 3-1 defeat from Inter should also spice things up. But there are whispers in Turin that Lippi substituted Trezeguet and Nedved early on against Chievo so that they could play this match too!
Tnx.
Well i really would like to win it this year,but as people already said here it is less important than Cl or Scudetto.
About Trez and Neddy,this is good with Micco and Maresca also in the team.
If so i think Lippi trying to win here and not just play reserves in Coppa like he always doing.
Good.
FORZA JUVE!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well considering that Juve loaned out HALF their squad and didn't bring anyone in, it might be for the best if they just tank it and concentrate on the Scudetto and Champions League instead.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Can someone tell me why RAI 2 is showing the Coppa matches and RAI 3 is not? :wallbang:
Yeah thrash Inter first then tank it. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
Can someone tell me why RAI 2 is showing the Coppa matches and RAI 3 is not? :wallbang:
Yeah thrash Inter first then tank it. :D
Because living in the US, I don't get to see Juve nearly as much as I would like, so I complained.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.:D:D

Seriously, I have no idea why. I, for a change, am happy.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Can we get some grease on me wheels ..... They squek too loudly but in english! Can anyone assist me write an Italian complaint?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Inter will be playing a first string lineup, and we'll be playing a second

Juve 1 Inter 3

hmmmm. i dont think so

first game :
Juve 1-1 Inter
Second game :
Inter 1-2 Juve or Inter 2-2 Juve

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This game will be veyr tough.. and if adriano plays...we will be in serious trouble........

lets hope that miccoli and divaio will score for juve.. because this will be the real deal for them.

OP

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #73
    I just hopne no 1 gets injured cuz we have Roma on sunday !!!

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    i think zambro will play full 90mins...coz we dont any1 else as his backup, do we...? or lippi will play pessotto as LB, and tudor as RB...?? that doesnt make sense....:p

shoot, cant see the game....:down:

*praying for a win* :)

buff

Jan 30, 2004
    Source soccerage:

02/03/2004. BACKGROUND:

The 'Derby of Italy' is never an ordinary game, not even when it is 'just' a Coppa Italia match.

At the 'Stadio Delle Alpi' of Turin, Juventus will be hosting Inter for the first leg of the semi-final of the Coppa Italia match in program on Wednesday night.

Both teams see this cup from different points of view. For the bianconeri this is the least important objective of the season and the fact that Lippi does not field his first team in this trophy is indicative of Juve's interest. The nerazzurri on the other hand, being out of the Champions League and Scudetto chase, see this trophy with some extra importance to save a season which looks unsatisfying yet again.

Juventus arrive to this match following the hard fought win against Chievo while Inter come from a hard fought after-match against Siena, between Materazzi and Cirillo. However with the arrivals of Adriano and Stankovic and the recovery of Vieri, Inter looks more competitive and dangerous than ever before and will be ready to produce the same perofrmance which saw them 3-1 winners 2 months ago in the same ground and against the same team in Serie A.

The bianconeri will obviously want to put that result and especially that performance behind their backs and try to get revenge against a team who has only defeated them once in the past 10 years on their own home soil.

TEAM NEWS:

Juventus - Lippi's only unavailable player will be Birindelli, however the Tuscan coach will still field his second line-up for this game.

Inter - Zaccheroni is still without his injured players Materazzi, Coco, C. Zanetti, Almeyda, Martins and Vieri, even though the latter is on his road to recovery and will be available shortly.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS:

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto; Appiah, Tudor, Conte; Maresca; Di Vaio, Miccoli

Inter (3-4-3): Toldo; Cordobam Adanim Cannavaro; Helveg, Lamouchi, Farinos, J. Zanetti; Stankovic, Adriano, Recoba

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Miccoli (Juventus): With Del Piero's poor form, the pocket-sized forward will try to push his way into the first eleven against Roma with another convincing performance.

Adriano (Inter): Probably the best striker in the world who will be ready to start giving new joys to his fans.

The inter lineup isn´t too good....in fact..our midfield is better....we could win...only stops Adriano...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Iuliano? Why don't we just immediately start the match with 10 men. At least then the fielded players are aware of their inferiority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)