LA COPPA: Internazionale - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I can easily see another exciting 2-2 draw, with Miccoli shining for us. Del Piero may play, so I'm hoping for a good shift from him. The defence I've pretty much given up on, so I'm hoping for some goalkeeping brilliance, though the chances of that will be decreased big time if Chimenti gets the nod. I'd really like to see Lippi give quite a few first teamers a run as the Coppa is realistically the easiest thing for us to win this year, and I want that silver star.

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I want to see this defense!

Thuram---Ferrara---Konko---Zambbrotta

I heared good things of our primavera, and believe me, this is our last chance to change something!

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Whats alll the fuss about. We are gonna loose this game. Now im not being pessimistic im just being realistic. Inter have everything to play for in this game and they also have the easy way out. Inter have NO chance of winning the scudetto this year, and so winning the copa italia is a very realistic target for them. Frankly, Juve dont show much interest in serie a anymore, what makes us think that lippi would show anymore interest in the coppa italia. Cl on the other hand is a different story. I expect to see a completely different Juve at the end of this month for the CL.

My prediction is another thrashing of 3-0. Maybe 2-0 if our defenders have a good game.

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
I think Lippi's going to put a side that's going to go at them from the start. Miccoli should start in Camo's place and the right side'll be more potent.

I say we win 2-1

One'd be strong hearted to smile after Sunday's debacle, but I'm smiling, cos I think things are going to get better. It might just have been the smack on the backside that we needed.:cool:

sco_tino

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
I want to see this defense!

Thuram---Ferrara---Konko---Zambbrotta

I heared good things of our primavera, and believe me, this is our last chance to change something!
Are you sure Konko is that good. Agreed there are problems at the back and No Passoni needs to start realising how important he is to the team and to stop getting himself sent off. I hope we get Lucio against next season. Our backline is aging and we need a bit of renewal. I wish we could play Thuram in the centre though, that might mean bringing in Pessotto at right back.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Remeber there's Torneo Viareggio (or whatever it's called) currently being played so there can't be that much primavera guys in squad vs Inter.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sco_tino ] ++
I think Lippi's going to put a side that's going to go at them from the start. Miccoli should start in Camo's place and the right side'll be more potent.

I say we win 2-1

One'd be strong hearted to smile after Sunday's debacle, but I'm smiling, cos I think things are going to get better. It might just have been the smack on the backside that we needed.:cool:
Just gotta' keep that faith...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Everyone is being very pessimistic.You have to faith in your team.Trust me i know about having faith in my team(i'm a germany fan ).
If lippi plays miccolli, alex,maresca, and trezguet from the start then i think we will at least beat them if we won't qualify for the final.
Lippi needs to find a new blend for the team, because this blend is now caught.He needs to introduce players like miccoli, and maresca together instead of tacchi and camo.

Aug 26, 2003
one question, what is the primavera exactly? is this a kind of Youth Team, and are they good, comprared to milan, inter,...??

i only wonder why i never heard that a juve youngster make a breakthrough and become a star, is our youth work good or not??

Oct 1, 2002
Juventus boss Marcello Lippi is set to drop his Coppa Italia rotation policy for Thursday’s trip to Inter.

The tactician has usually rested a number of first team regulars for Cup games but he’s named a strong 18-man squad today.

Lippi can’t afford to take any risks with Inter in pole position to win the semi-final after the 2-2 draw in Turin last week.

Alex Del Piero is once again available after he missed the Roma game because of injury. The only absentees are Alessandro Birindelli, Mark Iuliano and Mauro Camoranesi who are all injured.

The Italian champions will be keen to impress after their 4-0 debacle against the Giallorossi on Sunday.

"If we don’t manage to qualify then I expect us to be criticised even more," admitted Lippi. "We’ve won so much in the past that it is normal that people want to have a go at us."

Yet Inter boss Alberto Zaccheroni is also set to field his strongest side given the way their season has developed.

"Winning the Coppa Italia is our primary objective right now," insisted Zac. "I expect my side to take control of the tie if we play with character and concentration."

Julio Cruz may return to the line-up after he was suspended for the first leg. While goalkeeper Alberto Fontana will feature because of Francesco Toldo’s dismissal seven days ago.

Juventus squad: Buffon, Chimenti; Ferrara, Montero, Tudor, Pessotto, Zambrotta, Thuram, Legrottaglie; Tacchinardi, Conte, Nedved, Maresca, Appiah; Miccoli, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Di Vaio.

source = channel4.com

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
one question, what is the primavera exactly? is this a kind of Youth Team, and are they good, comprared to milan, inter,...??

i only wonder why i never heard that a juve youngster make a breakthrough and become a star, is our youth work good or not??
yes, it is the youth team, every team has a primavera team.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
*OT*

++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
That's beyond my comprehension why those guys generally tend to be crap in their pro-careers. Our primavera team is currently top of their group. tables
And they won last year that Viareggio tournament

Some of our youth products which never lived up to expectations who play currently in Serie A: Grabbi, Giandomenico, Manfredini. Just can't come up with any decent one.

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
play the first team- they need the practice...........

But it wont matter..........

Inter 3 Juve 1
Your prediction about Sunday's match was very close, I think you'll hit the bullseye again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)