L' Angolo del nuovo manager...lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Napoli became the ultimate filth of the Italian football only with Sarri. They weren't like that with Mazzari and Benitez before, they aren't like that with Ancelotti now.

When he was at Napoli, he burned a lot of bridges. He drew many thick lines between Napoli and Juventus, by which he unequivocally identified himself as an integral part of Napoli and as the opposite of Juventus identity.

Considering his age, I thought it meant he was going to stay there until the end of his career. I was very surprised when he left Naples. Obviously, he's not a very smart person if he acted like that while being a Napoli coach if it was possible that he wasn't meant to stay there for a long time.

And I cannot imagine someone like him being a part of Juventus. I cannot imagine Agnelli family making this person a part of their century-long project. He's OK for ADL. He's OK for Abramovich. But not for Juventus, I hope.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Napoli became the ultimate filth of the Italian football only with Sarri. They weren't like that with Mazzari and Benitez before, they aren't like that with Ancelotti now.

When he was at Napoli, he burned a lot of bridges. He drew many thick lines between Napoli and Juventus, by which he unequivocally identified himself as an integral part of Napoli and as the opposite of Juventus identity.

Considering his age, I thought it meant he was going to stay there until the end of his career. I was very surprised when he left Naples. Obviously, he's not a very smart person if he acted like that while being a Napoli coach if it was possible that he wasn't meant to stay there for a long time.

And I cannot imagine someone like him being a part of Juventus. I cannot imagine Agnelli family making this person a part of their century-long project. He's OK for ADL. He's OK for Abramovich. But not for Juventus, I hope.
My fear is that while he doesn’t vibe with Agnelli, and ultimately it is Agnelli’s decision, Paratici and/or Nedved will be able to convince him that he’s the right choice. I’ll be honest, I don’t trust those two just yet.

Karna

May 17, 2019
Also note that Sarri is one of the biggest guarantees for retaining Serie A next season (even more so than Pep).

That oddly seems a point of contention for some.
"The concept of winning at all costs is an extremity, which blurs the minds of fans and some Coaches.

It’s sport, it doesn’t make sense. One can’t be unhappy with second place."

These words from Maurizio Sarri sums up who he truly is.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I took the liberty to underline the key word here, as I feel it describes Sarri perfectly. The "I almost won this, I almost achieved that" coaches are more than okay for the "We are almost a top club and we are almost winning silverware" teams. Juventus is more than that and the club deserves more than a Sarri.

Also, you did the Tuz thing - twist some facts/statements and carefully choose some words to fit your agenda. By your statement you should also agree that Allegri almost won the Champions League twice, which is way more than almost winning the Serie A once. It feels strange for a Sarri supporter to point out things like budget sizes and having better teams who are in another league and rating his performance as good, but when it comes to Allegri same excuses like budget sizes and having better teams in another league doesnt count, he is labelled a failure for winning only everything possible in Italy and not in CL and people asked for his head.

I dont see a problem in admitting that every time we were defeated in CL we were defeated by a better team, this year included . Historically each one of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern M and Ajax is more successful than us in ECC/CL. Bar Ajax every club has bigger budget and with that is in another league, thanx to the management we managed to close that gap significantly. Yet people needed/wanted more and support a change just for the sake of changing, but that can easily backfire and could bring us real failure seasons, not like "failing to win a treble" seasons that we got used to under Allegri, a Napoli/Inter/Roma/Milan type of failure seasons.

Going from the world class coach Max Allegri to Maurizio "the almost" Sarri is an undeniable downgrade, no matter how "good" the latter did with his lesser clubs in his 30 years career as a manager.
True about Sarri, but Max being world class is quite the joke, we made him what he is.
And he only won with us what was easy to win, never over achieved at smth, world class coaches are the ones we beat superior teams with lesser teams time and time again, in various leagues and competitions, we were worthy of a truly wc coach...

- - - Updated - - -

"The concept of winning at all costs is an extremity, which blurs the minds of fans and some Coaches.

It’s sport, it doesn’t make sense. One can’t be unhappy with second place."

These words from Maurizio Sarri sums up who he truly is.
In the same league with Juventus, one can really be happy with the second place.
Good coaches are always realistic, not even Mr arrogance Mourinho bloats of winning the league with inferior teams...

- - - Updated - - -

Napoli were always filth, but they weren't that relevant before, it's really admirable how they could find better attackers and coaches that us, with so much smaller budget though...
And don't forget that Higuain was one of them too, but it only lasted for so long...

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
I've seen only two legit sarribois posting in these chapters in Mark's book, so I assume you're referring to me and likes aka sane posters as sarriboys too.

I hate tiki taka and associated fanboys.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk slowwwly, be loud, repeat often, use short sentences.

Maybe they will eventually get it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see you play checkers.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't get past 5 scudetti. The level of analytical depth lol.
Yeah it's crazy how much analytical depth you need in order to understand concepts like winning. Need to be at least a regional nursing home checkers champion to have such analytical depth in football.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
At this point you are just giving too much credit to Allegri and putting him into the same bracket as legends like Zidane and Pep , just because he won the one horse league.
Unless he wins CL, he is not even close to those 2.

Winning this league with this team don't make you a proven winner unless your team is Lazio or Atalanta. I'm sure any decent coach would win serie a with Juventus squad.
Well said!!

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
They weren't like that with Mazzari and Benitez before, they aren't like that with Ancelotti now.
Really? Lol

Mazzarri was as bad as Sarri. Weekly kerfuffle between two clubs was only slightly less because they weren't legit title contenders like under Sarri. But there was plenty of trash being hurled.

Ancelotti was politer comparatively speaking but fans, their media and club (ADL far worse than any coach) weren't last season compared to Sarri days (cept quieted down a bit in the end due to huge points gap).

Napoletani already committing harakiri over the prospect of Sarri joining us. Would be hilarious seeing their reactions afterwards. Same with Icardi and inter (without Dybala going other way which won't happen).

Karna

May 17, 2019
Sarri has clearly a loser attitude. He will be really okey with us getting a 2nd place in the league, watch him repeat his slogan when it happens. He won't give a damn since it is Juventus. He is stubborn, he will blame the players. He don't have the tactical flexibility to rotate the squad. Some of his failures with Chelsea this season has been massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)