L' Angolo del nuovo manager...lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Youre confused dolph
Reading jiberish nonsense does that to me Zizi.

- - - Updated - - -

He's there to buy cigarettes for Sarri. #dutyfree

- - - Updated - - -

A serious question, why is he landing on Milan if it wasn't for Juve! Wasn't he recently in Milan for that golf tournament thingy?
He is going to see Sarri being presented as the new Juve coach. He is a big fan afterall

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 3, 2004
A lot of rival fans telling me, "Why would Guardiola sign for Juve anyway? The players and neither the club match his style of management. It's a complete mis-match."

Would you guys agree with this? As a Juve supporter for 20+ years, I'm bothered by this statement. While I partially agree that the players and Pep's style are a mismatch, why is it a mismatch at the club level? Because historically we're "cautious and modest" approach to winning?

I think people have a poor perception of Italian football, which Juventus represents (historically needless to say), and I think in the back of their ignorant minds are thinking, Pep is "too good for a club like Juventus." I've seen such tweets surface a lot in the last month amidst all the Pep-to-Juve talk.

Again though I'll reiterate: I predict Sarri as a realistic choice. (of course, the heart wants Pep.)

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
Style, prestige, mentality... all that talk doesn't matter. Fact is Pep has no where to go if he leaves Man City. He will not go back to Spain or Germany, and he will not switch PL clubs. PSG is a no too because he's not touching that Arab money again. Juventus is the only option at the club level. There's a clear project, core set of players that suits him, a challenge (CL), and a budget.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
A lot of rival fans telling me, "Why would Guardiola sign for Juve anyway? The players and neither the club match his style of management. It's a complete mis-match."

Would you guys agree with this? As a Juve supporter for 20+ years, I'm bothered by this statement. While I partially agree that the players and Pep's style are a mismatch, why is it a mismatch at the club level? Because historically we're "cautious and modest" approach to winning?

I think people have a poor perception of Italian football, which Juventus represents (historically needless to say), and I think in the back of their ignorant minds are thinking, Pep is "too good for a club like Juventus." I've seen such tweets surface a lot in the last month amidst all the Pep-to-Juve talk.

Again though I'll reiterate: I predict Sarri as a realistic choice. (of course, the heart wants Pep.)
Would be a very similar move to him ditching Barca for Bayern, man wanted a different experience, a fresh challenge and went for it.

Bayern or City also were not tailored to Peps style, but he went there anyway. If he switched from Barcelona to Bayern and City, he can surely switch from City to Juve. He's a product of Barcelona philosophy, so his style exists only in Catalonia and Netherlands, anywhere else he goes it's a collision imo.

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

I'd say it the other way around. Pep & Juventus are a match in terms of personality but not anywhere near close in terms of usual playing style.

But Pep and this team being a mismatch is such a dumb statement...
- Szczesny is a good goalie with comfortable feet.
- In defence we have Cancelo, Bonucci and AS/Spina who are perfect for his game. And let's face it no one would drop Chiellini...
- Midfield is the problem area but Ramsey, Bentancur and Pjanic fit the bill. He would probably even use Berna there, so if we'd add 1 top player we'd be fine.
- In attack we have a wealth compareable to Man City. Dybala, Ronaldo, D. Costa, possibly Berna... Who wouldn't want that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)