L' Angolo del nuovo manager...lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
No no and no. Our management isn't so simple minded. It has to be a whole package. More attacking football could have gotten is inzagho for a mere couple mil a year. Yet neither he nor sarri are going to be the coach
Everyone also seems strongly convinced that we had a clear plan in mind when we let Allegri go but we don't know what took place in those meetings between Agnelli and Max. Maybe they disagreed so strongly that there was no way to move forward together and now we just have to hire the best available option, which could end up being Sarri.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Everyone also seems strongly convinced that we had a clear plan in mind when we let Allegri go but we don't know what took place in those meetings between Agnelli and Max. Maybe they disagreed so strongly that there was no way to move forward together and now we just have to hire the best available option, which could end up being Sarri.
Nah not at all. This was set in motion as soon as ajax beat us.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I'm unsure what your point is. Are you trying to say Sarri doesn't play attacking football or are you basing your opinion of him on one season in a new league? Pretty silly either way.
All I'm saying is that successful attacking football is not a given with Sarri. And we are in a situation where we can't afford a big gamble. We need results ASAP. The main reason is Ronaldo. It is once in a lifetime for a club to be able to get a World Class player like him and to go for winning it all with a bang.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
All I'm saying is that successful attacking football is not a given with Sarri. And we are in a situation where we can't afford a big gamble. We need results ASAP. The main reason is Ronaldo. It is once in a lifetime for a club to be able to get a World Class player like him and to go for winning it all with a bang.
Of course I agree that success is not a given under Sarri. I said that he plays attacking football, which he does, and you made a counterpoint to that.

I also agree that we need to make the most of Ronaldo's time here. I'm sure our management feel the same way and it's one of the reasons Allegri is gone. Max couldn't figure out how to set up this team at all last season. We played terrible football and almost all of the players suffered. Ronaldo did fine because the game plan was just to cross to him but everybody else struggled. We need an attacking manager to get the most out of the other technical players in the squad like Dybala, Costa and Pjanic which will in turn unlock Ronaldo. Allegri was clueless in this regard last season.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Of course I agree that success is not a given under Sarri. I said that he plays attacking football, which he does, and you made a counterpoint to that.
I didn't watch many Chelsea's games last season. Was Sarri playing good attacking football? Give me a yes or no, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)