L' Angolo del nuovo manager...lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2005
There's an old quote from Pep of him saying he might come back to Italy, the food is good there. :numnum:
"Why not?" he said during a panel discussion with Arrigo Sacchi and Carlo Ancelotti when the question of managing a Serie A side was put to him.

"After my experience at Barcelona, who would have thought I'd go to Munich and Germany? Yet that happened.

"I overcame the arduous challenge of learning German, so everything is possible. I've coached in Spain, in Germany and now in England, so why couldn't I coach in Italy? I don't know what the future holds for me, but the food's good here."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...to-coaching-in-serie-a-in-future?platform=amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
They done dealed Keita the previous summer and i dont see them missing out on Fabinho. I think Can goes regardless as hed have been 5th-6th choice otherwise with Keita slotting in ahead of him in rotation
Maybe but either way, he's not some reject. He's a good player. We didn't see the best of him last season due to injuries and adapting to a new league but there's a lot of potential there.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Would you rather have Enrique than Sarri? Enrique had one good year with Barca, with Messi, Suarez and Neymar as the front trio, Buquets, Rakitic and Iniesta in midfield and Alba, Pique, and Alves in defense. Other than that he managed Celta to a midtable finish and failed horrible in Roma.
I doubt Sarri would be able to replicate what Enrique did at Barca with us. Luis Enrique changed Barcelona as much as Pep did in his first season. He deserves at least half the credit for the team success, not merely just because of the players he had. Recent history has got Barcelona to be synonymous with Tiki-Taka, but Enrique provided a couple of new dimensions to the Barca strategy that were previously non-existent within their set-up, in order to adapt to their opposition better. This is where I don't see the same happening with Sarri. He's too fixated on one style of gameplay and he's very rigid with it, and he makes it seem very predictable for the other teams. Not saying I'd prefer Enrique but still.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I doubt Sarri would be able to replicate what Enrique did at Barca with us. Luis Enrique changed Barcelona as much as Pep did in his first season. He deserves at least half the credit for the team success, not merely just because of the players he had. Recent history has got Barcelona to be synonymous with Tiki-Taka, but Enrique provided a couple of new dimensions to the Barca strategy that were previously non-existent within their set-up, in order to adapt to their opposition better. This is where I don't see the same happening with Sarri. He's too fixated on one style of gameplay and he's very rigid with it, and he makes it seem very predictable for the other teams. Not saying I'd prefer Enrique but still.
I seem to remember Barca struggling under Enrique until Messi made the decision to play on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)