Kwanzaa! (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2004
To anyone who cares, Kwanzaa begins today.

Kwanzaa is traditionally a non-religious African American holiday which celebrates family, community, and culture. It is celebrated for seven days: December 26 - January 1.

Dr. Maulana Karenga, professor and chairman of Black Studies at California State University, Long Beach, created Kwanzaa in 1966. After the Watts riots in Los Angeles, Dr. Karenga searched for ways to bring African-Americans together as a community. He founded US, a cultural organization, and started to research African "first fruit" (harvest) celebrations.

Just thought I would add some history for those who may not celebrate Christmas, or Hanukkah.

Question: To anyone who is Islamic, is there a celebration around this time?
I thought there was Ramadan, but that is in October, correct?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
Question: To anyone who is Islamic, is there a celebration around this time?
I thought there was Ramadan, but that is in October, correct?
I dont think there's any celebration around this time....and yeah, Ramadhan is in October....fasting season

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
I think Ramadhan month is regarding to the lunar calendar.
And yes, the last Ramadhan was in Octobre and we celebrate Eidul Fitr after having a full month of Ramadhan. :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
it depends on when Ramdhan starts. every year its about 1-2 weeks earlier
Yes, the lunar year is about 11 days shorter than the solar year.
As Febrina said, Eid Al-Fitr (The day after the month of Ramadhan) was mid November this year. The second of the two holidays of Islam is Eid Al-Adha and that's a little over two months after Eid Al-Fitr.

BTW Burke, people who believe in Islam are "Muslim" not "Islamic."

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Kwanza, hahaha, what a crock of shit. Africans never heard of this, but some Americans thought of creating a holiday? Haha what a focking joke. Frank Costanza created Festivus, but it only lasted one day. Kwanza is what, 7 days? Greedy bastards.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
is Valentino Rossi a Milan fan? or Juve fan? my friend told me that he is supporting AC Milan :(

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
is Valentino Rossi a Milan fan? or Juve fan? my friend told me that he is supporting AC Milan :(
the real Valentino Rossi is an Inter fan;)

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    Kwanza, hahaha, what a crock of shit. Africans never heard of this, but some Americans thought of creating a holiday? Haha what a focking joke. Frank Costanza created Festivus, but it only lasted one day. Kwanza is what, 7 days? Greedy bastards.
    Actually, Festivus was invented by one of the writers of Seinfeld. So, it is real, it is not only Frank's creation.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Im onley shure in one thing about him: he suck at driving a rally!!! :fero:
    Errr. . . Valentino Rossi does not race Rally. He is the world champion of Moto GP - - - motorbikes.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

Actually, Festivus was invented by one of the writers of Seinfeld. So, it is real, it is not only Frank's creation.
    This is the posting of a Retarded person, and Kwanzaaaa still sucks ass :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)