Kwang-Song Han: North Korean CR7 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
The NK government gets a piece of his earnings.
Except that it doesn't, not in the way you probably mean it, anyway. That was another youngster that Fiorentina had few years ago and let go after found out that more than 70% of the kids salary goes directly to the government.

Han's case is a different one, last year when we were interested there were several articles about that, Han was allowed to leave the country and go to Italy to play football, but was forbidden to appear on tv, to do interviews, to be a guest in talkshows, do commercials and etc. Another article was about north koreans in general who have that special approval from the Government to leave and work in another country, there was a special "law" that requires them to pay a tax to the government for their generosity to let them go abroad, regardless of the laws in the country they live and work.

So in a way, yeah, you're right and what you're saying is true - several % of his salary will go to the government as it happens since he left North Korea, but that % is nowhere near those ridiculous 70+% that the ex Fiorentina kid had to pay and most importantly, every single north korean has to pay the tax.

As fucked up as this is to you and me and most people, they are a dictatorship, what their dictator says is a law and the law is the law, good or bad, working or useless, fair or unfair, you have to follow the rules and obey the law. I'm sure some merda morons will promote their imbecile stories and opinions that the corrupt Juventus is funding North Korea's nuclear program and will be responsible for the hypothetical death of millions of people all over the world, but how is that any different than their fairy tale stories we know so far?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Except that it doesn't, not in the way you probably mean it, anyway. That was another youngster that Fiorentina had few years ago and let go after found out that more than 70% of the kids salary goes directly to the government.

Han's case is a different one, last year when we were interested there were several articles about that, Han was allowed to leave the country and go to Italy to play football, but was forbidden to appear on tv, to do interviews, to be a guest in talkshows, do commercials and etc. Another article was about north koreans in general who have that special approval from the Government to leave and work in another country, there was a special "law" that requires them to pay a tax to the government for their generosity to let them go abroad, regardless of the laws in the country they live and work.

So in a way, yeah, you're right and what you're saying is true - several % of his salary will go to the government as it happens since he left North Korea, but that % is nowhere near those ridiculous 70+% that the ex Fiorentina kid had to pay and most importantly, every single north korean has to pay the tax.

As fucked up as this is to you and me and most people, they are a dictatorship, what their dictator says is a law and the law is the law, good or bad, working or useless, fair or unfair, you have to follow the rules and obey the law. I'm sure some merda morons will promote their imbecile stories and opinions that the corrupt Juventus is funding North Korea's nuclear program and will be responsible for the hypothetical death of millions of people all over the world, but how is that any different than their fairy tale stories we know so far?
I just think it’s shitty practice to deal with dictators. That’s going to be a decent sum of money going over there, it’s not like this guy works at a cafe in Italy, he’s getting paid millions and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s half of his salary that they take. Couldn’t care less what inter fans think about it.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
I just think it’s shitty practice to deal with dictators. That’s going to be a decent sum of money going over there, it’s not like this guy works at a cafe in Italy, he’s getting paid millions and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s half of his salary that they take. Couldn’t care less what inter fans think about it.
Yeah, it is, agree, my focus is on the club though - Juve pays salaries to all of its players, what happens between the other two parties - the player and citizen of NK and the government is bound by their laws, it's not something the club should get involved with. What Han does with his money is his business, personally I think it's wrong and not 21st centuriesh (if thats even a word), but it is what it is and also it is something that Han already agreed on and accepted (if he even had a choice to not agree or accept, that is).

I read that they (the foreigners) are divided in groups based on their profession/occupation countries, etc.. so he is in the group of athletes/sport and since they tend to earn more money than, lets say an engineer or a biologist, their percents may vary but the ceiling is set to no more that 20 or 25% of the salary. The Fio kid situation had something to do with that, also of course I am sharing something that I read online and since it's North Korea the information may be fabricated and the reality may be like you said - half or even up to those 70-75 %...

By merda I meant every other bullshit club there is, their fans and the moronic journos like Tancredi and the rest, not just the usual idiots from Jiangsu Inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)