Kwadwo Asamoah (25 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Anyone else noticed how skinny Asamoah looks now compared to his LWB days under Conte? He used to be pretty bulked up before, maybe he's lost some weight to lessen the pressure on his knees.
It doesn't work that way. It's actually better to have more muscle especially in your legs as they help to take some of the load away from the knees.

But losing some muscle when injured will always happen. You'd be amazed how much muscle can shrink in a month with total lack of activity.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Looked fine.

WE should really prevent him to go to the African cup of nations. He should have a proper pre season to get back to his former self.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I lost my hopes with him.. Way too much injuring prone... Lets loan him back to udinese for one year and put the sale tag at the end of that season

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
There's a depressing thought. Imagine spending years at Juve as a starter. You get repeatedly injured and get sent back to your previous team. Especially because of Udinese's colours it really would feel like a second rate Juventus.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
It doesn't work that way. It's actually better to have more muscle especially in your legs as they help to take some of the load away from the knees.

But losing some muscle when injured will always happen. You'd be amazed how much muscle can shrink in a month with total lack of activity.
Are you sure? if you follow NBA, Lebron James lost 25 pounds last summer, and one of the reasons behind it was to protect his knees better against swelling and so called osteoarthritis.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1583485/five-things-we-can-learn-from-lebron-james-low-carb-diet/

Jun 6, 2015
Are you sure? if you follow NBA, Lebron James lost 25 pounds last summer, and one of the reasons behind it was to protect his knees better against swelling and so called osteoarthritis.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1583485/five-things-we-can-learn-from-lebron-james-low-carb-diet/
I can see the benefits for someone like Lebron who is massive in size and weights a lot but most football players don't really have any excessive fat in their body to lose. Football pitch is also a lot more forgiving compared to a basketball court and doesn't require as much jumping.

In football if you come back from a summer break overweight you're going to have the world of pain in terms of training for the next few weeks. It's just something that is not allowed in the sport so I'd assume if you'd want to seriously lose weight it would take its toll on the muscle volume which I don't see beneficial. If you look at football players most of them have quite big legs compared to rest of their body and there is reason for that.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Thank you for your service Asamoah. It's time for you to leave. We just can't afford to keep players who's just a few days away from another injury every time they return. Not with the new squad rules. It's a shame because Asa was an absolute beast who could have been great if not for the injury.

Jun 6, 2015
icemaη;5233607 said:
Thank you for your service Asamoah. It's time for you to leave. We just can't afford to keep players who's just a few days away from another injury every time they return. Not with the new squad rules. It's a shame because Asa was an absolute beast who could have been great if not for the injury.
He has some years left in his contract so if he's injured again that won't be an option. We need to get him fit and then see how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)