Kwadwo Asamoah (13 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Will not happen. Not that i would not like that... but he is a LB , LWB in Juventus...
I think Allegri would play him as LB.
I would love to See him there aswell.

But the thing is Asa already said he doesn't
like to play in defense and i dont know if
he would stay with us if we play him
out of Position all the time.

What i want to say
is that he's a great CM, and if other big Clubs
come knocking he might want to leave
so he finally can play in his favorite Position.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
As a lwb he is average to me. Creates very little, has power in his shots but zero shooting technique or accuracy. He is good as an extra defender on the wings in the 352, but thats it.

He would be of use for tomorrow game if he were fit

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
No updates on him... looks like he's not playing this season again.

He's very important for depth.. his absence kills Pogba, Vidal and Marchisio, these guys play 90% of season matches.

I'd say he's decent as a LWB. He's got world class defensive skills, but lack aggressiveness and maybe acceleration to go to the line.

But he could be a solid and maybe world class LB if he learns to be more aggressive when he goes. Try to outrun his man, he is quick for that. Defensively he is amazing. We really lose a lot with him out.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Thing is, he's much more valuable as a decent LB than as a great CM. And given the general global shortage on fullbacks, that line of thought doesn't just apply to our club.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I think Allegri would play him as LB.
I would love to See him there aswell.

But the thing is Asa already said he doesn't
like to play in defense and i dont know if
he would stay with us if we play him
out of Position all the time.

What i want to say
is that he's a great CM, and if other big Clubs
come knocking he might want to leave
so he finally can play in his favorite Position.
We don't know how good or bad he is as an lb and even less so as a cm. we simply never watched him play those positions in any regularity. He could very well turn out to be a mediocre cm but a very good lwb as we have seen. Lb should not be very different than lwb but even licht was better as a rwb than he is a lwb so you never know how asamoah is going to turn out. As a cm I'd think he would be a defensive destroyer but far from a good passer

- - - Updated - - -

No updates on him... looks like he's not playing this season again.

He's very important for depth.. his absence kills Pogba, Vidal and Marchisio, these guys play 90% of season matches.

I'd say he's decent as a LWB. He's got world class defensive skills, but lack aggressiveness and maybe acceleration to go to the line.

But he could be a solid and maybe world class LB if he learns to be more aggressive when he goes. Try to outrun his man, he is quick for that. Defensively he is amazing. We really lose a lot with him out.
I think he was a very good lwb with very few players in the world who have better stats than him in that position. He would also be easily amongst the top 3 lwb defensively in the world so I think decent is a huge understatement.

Zanetti was a world class full back just because he had unrivalled defensive skills. Asamoah is very good and defense (not zanetti level obviously) and regularly gave us 12 or more goals and assists per season which is all you can ask of an lwb that never compromises you defensively.

Compare his stats to alves, alba, Marcelo, etc and you'll find he is right up there amongst them while he is ten times more solid defensively.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
When will he recover? I miss him. Evra is a decent replacement but there is only one Kwadwo "the boss" Asamoah. World class player.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We don't know how good or bad he is as an lb and even less so as a cm. we simply never watched him play those positions in any regularity. He could very well turn out to be a mediocre cm but a very good lwb as we have seen. Lb should not be very different than lwb but even licht was better as a rwb than he is a lwb so you never know how asamoah is going to turn out. As a cm I'd think he would be a defensive destroyer but far from a good passer
who would have thought

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
When will he recover? I miss him. Evra is a decent replacement but there is only one Kwadwo "the boss" Asamoah. World class player.
I don't think we'll see him before next season, unfortunately. Yeah, he's a beast of a player and I miss him as well.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Allegri has to do without this guy, Barzagli, Romulo, and an out of form Vidal, Pirlo and Llorente.

And we're still first in Serie, in the CL, and Coppa.

Hope to see you again Kojo, miss your work-rate and defensive skills. Hope he gets back to being a CM when he returns.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Was it you who kept insisting that the licht is a better rb than rwb because it used to be his natural position?

Haha that was typo. I meant better right back than right wing back.
Of course he's better RB you stubborn mofo. Thats his natural spot and he severely lacks attacking prowess to be considered as consistent performer. His crossing is disastrous, cant beat his man neither with dribble nor by pace, but he's defensively sound and has good time in runs.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Of course he's better RB you stubborn mofo. Thats his natural spot and he severely lacks attacking prowess to be considered as consistent performer. His crossing is disastrous, cant beat his man neither with dribble nor by pace, but he's defensively sound and has good time in runs.
@Lion

And btw, this is one of those weird moments where I agree with this doofus (or he agrees with me whatever). It feels weird and sad.

Fuck you man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)