Kwadwo Asamoah - Midfielder - Udinese (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We're looking around 12 million cash + some players.

Who those players are, I don't know just yet. However I'd say Asamoah is ours.

No doubt I'll be laughed at by some people, but time to get some credibility back :p

Some credibility????? :D :p

So how far in are we on this?

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
At thought of making myself looked a fool like I did with Inler. Meh what the hell.

Welcome Asamoah :tup:
Inler was already ours, but than Conte analyzed deeply his style of playing and found out that Swiss doesn't fit to our midfield and can't play next to Pirlo. So we abandoned that track and concentrated on getting Vidal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If signed, given a few matches, he will bench Marchisio.

You can quote me on that.
Two different players. Vidal/Asamoah to rotate pretty consistently. I would like to think that Marrone will give Marchisio a run for his money as they are more similar.

Just to stress, not starting an argument again here but IMO it will be Vidal vs Asamoah and Marrone vs Marchisio next year for rotation.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Two different players. Vidal/Asamoah to rotate pretty consistently. I would like to think that Marrone will give Marchisio a run for his money as they are more similar.

Just to stress, not starting an argument again here but IMO it will be Vidal vs Asamoah and Marrone vs Marchisio next year for rotation.
Not sure about that.

Vidal and Asamoah don't strike me as the perfect alternatives to each other. Both have a very distinct style of play. Both have different strong aspects in their game.

Next year season we'll be facing teams quite stronger than us and teams considerably weaker than us. This is where I think those diferences will be put to good use.

If Asamoah arrives I don't think he would just be rotated with Vidal regardless of the opposition.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not sure about that.

Vidal and Asamoah don't strike me as the perfect alternatives to each other. Both have a very distinct style of play. Both have different strong aspects in their game.

Next year season we'll be facing teams quite stronger than us and teams considerably weaker than us. This is where I think those diferences will be put to good use.

If Asamoah arrives I don't think he would just be rotated with Vidal regardless of the opposition.
Both Vidal & Asamoah bring the strong, physicall and endless running game to the midfield. IMO Marchisio's intelligent running into space and darting into the box isn't something we can go without. We had brawn with Vieria & Emerson back in the day and that didn't win us CL but yes we dominated Italy. Strength only gets you so far. I think Marchisio and to an extent Marrone are smarter/more intelligent off and on the ball than lets say Vidal (as we saw with his passing at times:D) but Vidal easily made up for that with his ball winning.

Doesn't do us any good have two good ball winners but no support to the front men.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
vidal makes good runs too..and he's smart..and he knows how to finish plays. emerson and vieira never were the player vidal is offensively speaking

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I see no reason to believe that this is a certainty. Asamoah could take over a lot of the gritty defensive work and allow Vidal more freedom like Marchisio has now.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
Both Vidal & Asamoah bring the strong, physicall and endless running game to the midfield. IMO Marchisio's intelligent running into space and darting into the box isn't something we can go without. We had brawn with Vieria & Emerson back in the day and that didn't win us CL but yes we dominated Italy. Strength only gets you so far. I think Marchisio and to an extent Marrone are smarter/more intelligent off and on the ball than lets say Vidal (as we saw with his passing at times:D) but Vidal easily made up for that with his ball winning.

Doesn't do us any good have two good ball winners but no support to the front men.
There is no denying Marchisio's intelligence on the pitch. On his day he is your guaranteed match-winner. I'm not of those people who would replace him without too much thinking. I would be a fool if I did not appreciate his qualities.

The thing is, you are underestimating Asamoah. His qualities do not end only with 'endless running, strong, physical ball-winner'. From what I've seen of him he enjoys himself more in the attacking third, has lighting-fast speed, excellent techique and is strong on the tackle. Overall, exceptional box-to-box play. The player I would compare him to would be Davids.

If you think Asamoah wouldn't be much of an attacking threat you just couldn't be further from the truth.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Playing Asamoah, would allow us to play a much more attacking RW instead of Pepe. Having an Asamoah would be an option to change the tactics.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Asamoah can play in a holding midfield role too..He is a very versatile player who i believe can serve as backup for both Pirlo and the CM's,one more reason to prefer Asamoah over Naingolann.And to think that this guy was originally an AM.

A midfield of Asamoah-Vidal-Marchisio would have immense pressing potential in my opinion and at the same time will serve as a solid defensive barrier for our defense.Though you can get the best out of him if he plays in CM.

Since Veratti might not come/or may go on loan ,his signing makes absolute sense.Would be one hell of a signing for us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see no reason to believe that this is a certainty. Asamoah could take over a lot of the gritty defensive work and allow Vidal more freedom like Marchisio has now.
yes but I don't think Vidal would be as effective up and around the box as Cheesio is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)