Kurt Cobain 10 years on.... (1 Viewer)

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Son of Samatar ] ++
Courtney Love killed him.

And it would take Jesus Christ himself to come down from heaven and tell me otherwise before i believe that she didn't.
http://www.justiceforkurt.com/ Is quite interesting.

But to be honest I think its aload of crap. And 'Kurt and Courtney' movie only further showed me that it was bull. You never know though :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Let me preface what I say here with the fact that I have long been a fan of Nirvana. And how they changed the music industry with Nevermind was really significant.

But at the same time, the true creative output of the band was so short lived that I half chalk it up to anomaly as much as to genius. Back in the late 80s/early 90s when Nirvana opened for bands like Dinosaur Jr., I really didn't see what distinguished them at all from, say, Mudhoney. But today everyone knows Nirvana/Cobain and few even remember the likes of Mudhoney.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Let me preface what I say here with the fact that I have long been a fan of Nirvana. And how they changed the music industry with Nevermind was really significant.

But at the same time, the true creative output of the band was so short lived that I half chalk it up to anomaly as much as to genius. Back in the late 80s/early 90s when Nirvana opened for bands like Dinosaur Jr., I really didn't see what distinguished them at all from, say, Mudhoney. But today everyone knows Nirvana/Cobain and few even remember the likes of Mudhoney.
Well back then they werent popular. And their pre nevermind music wasnt that good and no better than other stuff at the time.

It was latter day Nirvana that made them so significant. They finished off MJ, Madonna and had even pretty much finished off GNR.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nirvana could possibly be the best band ever. Their songs were great, and Cobain was the man. Its too bad the drugs got to him though. :down:

I don't think I can name a song that I didn't enjoy from Nirvana.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)