Koni De Winter (3 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't understand why we don't add buy back clauses on our players. Real Madrid have used it with success and we finally have interesting young players.

Disappointing deal overall.

We don't have the power of Real Madrid in negotiations. And more importantly not the foresight or interest in seeing our younger players as potential first team players.

Dru jokes about the JJ human trafficking bit, but there's some truth to that lol. We see most of them just another figure to get cheap quick funds.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So all the hype just to sell him for 10M and only if conditions are met, with no buyback clause.
Why are we working like that.
Same with Rovella (which is even odder than the De Winter affair)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Perhaps we really don't think they'll ever blossom.
I've barely seen either play and I'm a sheep. I hope management are right here.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeh. This is the one that disappoints me the most. Has great potential and was coming off a positive season at Empoli. Best of luck Koni.
He only started 12 serie A matches in his career, and played 14 in total. With pretty poor-ish stats, may I add. He wasn't even among the 15 best rated players in Empoli.
I'm not quite certain about how we managed to secure this much for his transfer in the first place.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Perhaps we really don't think they'll ever blossom.
I've barely seen either play and I'm a sheep. I hope management are right here.

I dont think koni De Winter is much of a loss tbh, was mainly making a general point of the mentality we have with youth products or young players we sign and loan out.

I'm more curious about Rovellas case, 18 months of loan and zero interest to ever use him. Similar with same deal we had with Romero (who turned out to be a fantastic CB), just reshuffling the decks to earn quick funds selling them cheap (seeing team we sell them too re sell them for 2-3 times that lol). Demiral sale was also peculiar, he got a brief chance in Juve, then just shuffled on.

Doesn't even have to be young players either, not that he is old. How we handled Zakaria, buy him like it was a priority for Allegri, and within 6 months already discarded and forgotten, just another one in the loan machine and quick profit scheme. Granted he had injury issues, and better selling off someone out on loan then someone already in squad.

But end of day he is a genuinely good DM end of day. So its allways curious to see tendencies of how short sighted we handle things. Did we have genuinely have sporting plans for him, or did we sign him simply to sell him on?

- - - Updated - - -

He only started 12 serie A matches in his career, and played 14 in total. With pretty poor-ish stats, may I add. He wasn't even among the 15 best rated players in Empoli.
I'm not quite certain about how we managed to secure this much for his transfer in the first place.

Zip it pedercino, Badass watched all 12 games of his, and concluded he is 40m worth CB, who are you to say otherwise?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He cost us nothing and we got 8 + 2 for him, looks great on the books.

Yeah, I'd have liked to see him get a chance but the only concern I have with these deals is the lack of clauses in our favour.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I dont think koni De Winter is much of a loss tbh, was mainly making a general point of the mentality we have with youth products or young players we sign and loan out.

I'm more curious about Rovellas case, 18 months of loan and zero interest to ever use him. Similar with same deal we had with Romero (who turned out to be a fantastic CB), just reshuffling the decks to earn quick funds selling them cheap (seeing team we sell them too re sell them for 2-3 times that lol). Demiral sale was also peculiar, he got a brief chance in Juve, then just shuffled on.

Doesn't even have to be young players either, not that he is old. How we handled Zakaria, buy him like it was a priority for Allegri, and within 6 months already discarded and forgotten, just another one in the loan machine and quick profit scheme. Granted he had injury issues, and better selling off someone out on loan then someone already in squad.

But end of day he is a genuinely good DM end of day. So its allways curious to see tendencies of how short sighted we handle things. Did we have genuinely have sporting plans for him, or did we sign him simply to sell him on?

- - - Updated - - -

Zip it pedercino, Badass watched all 12 games of his, and concluded he is 40m worth CB, who are you to say otherwise?
For the sake of a fruitful discussion I would like to disagree and contend your view. But I cannot, I can only concur. The only escape I see atm is that we are desperately seeking cash. Giuntuli came too late for this mercato too but that is down to De Laurentiis making his best to mess with us. Well played. As did past management, abysmal mercatos from coach to players and then trying to outmaneuver the mobsters (UEFA), which they must have understood would result in this. It was clear since day one yet they let personal vendettas rule.
Overall I hope that once the dust has settled we continue with the NG project, add a progressive coach and then sell those we actually don't see add any value and acquire true assets. My dream is to purchase starters and maybe some rotational players where our own youngster don't cut it. But overall fill the bench with our own developed players. So, forthcoming seasons get rid of coach and deadwood but let some stick around to see if they can earn a spot or become rotational players until we have kids to take over. In this example, that would for example be players like Locatelli who I think can be a useful players to have around but maybe he isn't a starter in a team that eventually competes for CL.
That's just a dream though.

Anyway. To turn it back to De Winter and relate to it what I am trying to say. Maybe De Winter won't be a starter here. I understand that whenever our management hears plusvalenza they jizz their pants. But I still think having De Winter around as backup is cheaper than signing another CB for a backup role. Unless Giuntuli believes he will never even compete with Rugani.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I don't understand why we don't add buy back clauses on our players. Real Madrid have used it with success and we finally have interesting young players.

Disappointing deal overall.
Madrid is almost always negotiating from a stronger position.

We are broke and we need funds asap so everyone will take advantage of that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
De Winter has a lot of faith in his own abilities, but at the very least his utter lack of any speed whatsoever is difficult to overcome.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Who the fuck cares. 98% of our youth players flop and don't even even cut it. People pretend like we lost some gem.

Most of them are mid level quality at best. They never would have started here, let alone suceeded.
Exactly. We are in no position to take risks. We should prioritize quality over a young player we are uncertain about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)