Killzone (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

FIFA???? Gotta be kiddin me!!!!!! Try out PES4,the ultimate soccer for PS2
I got this one Andy....

From the Fifa 2005 Thread....

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
:rolleyes: I have stated why I choose FIFA over the others ones several times. It suits me better for what I'm doing! Is it that hard to understand!?!?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Has anybody played this new first-person shooter, touted PS2's "Halo Killer"? Killzone is supposed to the best game of it's genre, and the screenshots and previews look stunning. I can't wait to get this game, because if Killzone is as good as Halo, it would be sick.
Killzone is good, but its not even nearly as good as the first Halo, never mind even being close to the now-greatest-game-of-all-time Halo 2.

16 man multiplayer Halo-2 over a LAN network in a friends house with 4 XBox's connected through miles of cat-5 cable throughout 4 different rooms on 2 floors with more empty liquor bottles than a landfill and more grass than the Delle Alpi on a summer day?

Been there, done it.

XBox has been outselling the PS2 for 6 straight months now, and although its too late to catch up to PS2's numbers, when the next generation of consoles come out, many are already predicting that Xbox 2 will dominate.

XBox is a better system, and the only advantages that the PS2 once had, such as EA Sports titles online and the GTA series, are now gone.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    Well if you are so set on XBOX, go ahead and ship one to me, because I don't have the money for it now. With buying a new Juve jersey, compounded with a $135 speeding ticket, I probably won't have any money left past Christmas.

That's why I hope Killzone is better than Socom.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Well if you are so set on XBOX, go ahead and ship one to me, because I don't have the money for it now. With buying a new Juve jersey , compounded with a $135 speeding ticket , I probably won't have any money left past Christmas.

That's why I hope Killzone is better than Socom.

#1- Your Choice

#2- Your stupidity:D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++

Killzone is good, but its not even nearly as good as the first Halo, never mind even being close to the now-greatest-game-of-all-time Halo 2.

16 man multiplayer Halo-2 over a LAN network in a friends house with 4 XBox's connected through miles of cat-5 cable throughout 4 different rooms on 2 floors with more empty liquor bottles than a landfill and more grass than the Delle Alpi on a summer day?

Been there, done it.

XBox has been outselling the PS2 for 6 straight months now, and although its too late to catch up to PS2's numbers, when the next generation of consoles come out, many are already predicting that Xbox 2 will dominate.

XBox is a better system, and the only advantages that the PS2 once had, such as EA Sports titles online and the GTA series, are now gone.
    But still everything is released on PS first. Who wants to wait on Xbox? Also in general PS2 games are much better. Any good Xbox game is a PS2 game, the rest are crap except Halo.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++

But still everything is released on PS first. Who wants to wait on Xbox? Also in general PS2 games are much better. Any good Xbox game is a PS2 game, the rest are crap except Halo.
    Not anymore it isn't.

Every single major release that is by a multi-platform publisher is released on both systems at the same time.

The only one that is basically PS2 exclusive now, and that's with a limited window, is the Grand Theft Auto series.

Even Square/Enix will be making titles for XBox now.

And as far as the rest of the XBox games being crap except for Halo, I've got 3 titles for you:

Ninja Gaiden, Fable, and Dead or Alive.

3 of the best titles on the market.

Keep in mind, Em, I have a PS2 as well, and will be shelling out the $200 for the PSP system early next year and the PS3 coming out in 2006, but as of right now, the advantages that the PS2 once had in terms of software exclusivity are beginning to dwindle. As much money as Sony has, they pale in comparison to what Microsoft has.

As a matter of fact, if Bill Gates woke up one morning and realized that he only had the CEO of Sony's wealth, he would jump out a window.

One of the other major problems that Sony is having is with their online capability. Quite frankly, it blows. Certainly in comparison to XBox's online system and community. Gran Turismo 4, which I have been waiting for for nearly two years and PROMISED online capability, will now no longer be able to do it, due to the limitations of Sony's servers.

Nearly everything for XBox is online now, not just in terms of playing one another, but being able to download updated content and store it on a hard drive that you (or in this case, I foolishly DID) didn't have to pay 99.99 for when Sony released their HDD in March of this year, and besides FFXI, no other damn game uses the fuccking thing. You can't even save games on it.

XBOX allows you to download music, software patches, roster updates, and even classic arcade games into your system.

The whole turnaround started once EA Sports annoucned that they will be going live on XBox. That's all it took. XBox was already murdering PS2 on the graphics front and loading time when the titles were placed side-by-side, and now the only advantage that PS2 had in regards to those titles were wiped out.

Why do you think that WE8, when released, will be an XBox exclusive with online capability? Because of its Live network. People from all over the world WANT to play each other, because of the obvious worldwide appeal of the sport, and Xbox was the only one that could handle it.

How do I know all this crap? Well, working part/full time in a couple of video game retail stores for the better part of 11 years up until a couple of years ago afforded me the opportunity to get very friendly with representatives of Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sega and others during that time, even to the fact where we still keep in touch on a regular basis tp this day (which was how I was able to score a beta copy of Killzone about 6 weeks before it was released), so you're privvy to some pretty neat stuff.

By the way, the Sony PSP handheld is extremely sweet. Got to play a Japanese version the other day. Its like holding a PS2 in your hands. That goddamn thing is incredible, to say the least. Easily the greatest portable system to ever come out. However, the Sony rep told me its unlikey they will be selling it for under $200.00

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Fable is very mediokre, DOA too. Ninja Gaiden is cool though, but nothing new.

I think Tekken is better than dead or alive. Same with Virtua Fighter and Sould calibur.
    Ninja Gaiden reminds me of Devil May Cry, but a little cooler, cuz its a ninja ;)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    okay, thats it :D ill but a multi X chip in my PS2 and get free games :p and one of them will be Killzone :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #59
    This game is fvcking awesome. Simple as that. Never played anything like it, and it's more difficult than Halo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)