Killzone (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Has anybody played this new first-person shooter, touted PS2's "Halo Killer"? Killzone is supposed to the best game of it's genre, and the screenshots and previews look stunning. I can't wait to get this game, because if Killzone is as good as Halo, it would be sick.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
It's amazing that the Sony is still able to compete giving that the PS2's hardware is inferior to the XBox's HW.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
Not really. Playstation have all the big titles except Halo. Games that are on both are always released on playstation months before. And in general playstation have a much wider variety and better quality of games.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Well...I'm sure you're more knowledgable than me when it comes to titles, release dates and so on... So i'll take your word for it.

I guess that's how their inferior HW competes with (or is ahead of) XBox's more powerfull machine.

:)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    Not really. Playstation have all the big titles except Halo. Games that are on both are always released on playstation months before. And in general playstation have a much wider variety and better quality of games.
    And also, PS2 has Grand Theft Auto, one of the best games ever for multiple reasons. ;) :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Well...I'm sure you're more knowledgable than me when it comes to titles, release dates and so on... So i'll take your word for it.

I guess that's how their inferior HW competes with (or is ahead of) XBox's more powerfull machine.

:)
    Theres no doubt Xbox games have better graphics. But they arent better enough to make you play something completely shit.

Xbox are trying but they need to try harder. They release a 'crystal' xbox to try to plug more sales. Playstation release a slimline playstation which is amazingly small.

Until Xbox get the titles like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Crash Bandicout, GTA. And until they start getting permission to release the big titles they have before or at the same time as playstation, then Im not ditching my playstation :D

I play to much computer games :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

And also, PS2 has Grand Theft Auto, one of the best games ever for multiple reasons. ;) :D
    Yeah. You can even listen to welcome to the jungle in your car while running over prostitutes :D

Killzone looks pretty cool, but I suck at those kinda games.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Theres no doubt Xbox games have better graphics. But they arent better enough to make you play something completely shit.

Xbox are trying but they need to try harder. They release a 'crystal' xbox to try to plug more sales. Playstation release a slimline playstation which is amazingly small.

Until Xbox get the titles like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Crash Bandicout, GTA. And until they start getting permission to release the big titles they have before or at the same time as playstation, then Im not ditching my playstation :D

I play to much computer games :D
    I don't know who you're arguing with or even if you're arguing at all, but OK :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    No im not arguing at all. Just pointing out why i think Xbox sucks.

Imagine your at school, infact your sitting at home right now waiting to play that new football game while all your playstation friends already have it and are going to play it after they finish their homework. In 2 months you can get it. Thats no fun now is it ?:D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11

Yeah. You can even listen to welcome to the jungle in your car while running over prostitutes :D

Killzone looks pretty cool, but I suck at those kinda games.
    San Andreas is top priority on my Christmas List. :D

Same with Killzone as well, but I might have to pick up one earlier if I get sick of FIFA, which I doubt will happen.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    Emma do you like Grand Theft Auto? :D
    Yeah but I never play the levels. I think they are boring. I just get all the cheats then drive around killing people and shooting police helicopters down with my rocket launcher :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    Same here. :D In GTA 3 I used to start killing people any way I could, getting the crime level up to 4 stars, then I would go to an Ammunation store to hide. There, I could shoot out of the store at FBI agents, while they could not shoot at me. I murdered hundreds of those crooks. :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004

San Andreas is top priority on my Christmas List. :D

Same with Killzone as well, but I might have to pick up one earlier if I get sick of FIFA, which I doubt will happen.
    No way the new Resident Evil is whats needed. Resident Evil has shaped my life. It (ok and all the zombie movies too) has inspired every single Zombie character ive ever drawn, and drawing zombies made me choose my course at uni. Infact it even made me name my dog 'Zombie'. I truely have a zombie fetish. :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Yeah but I never play the levels. I think they are boring. I just get all the cheats then drive around killing people and shooting police helicopters down with my rocket launcher :D
    GTA is cool..

I played GTA III on my brother's PS2
    I also had all the cheats.... I don't mean to disrespect, but I was kinda like the D.C. Hitman.. I would hide on rooftops and corners and just kill eveyone in sight. My wanted level went up till the hilicopters came. That's when i swict my mode to "Rambo" :D and just use the rocket launcher :D they had no chance.. Even the military special forces had no chance.

But the funniest thing is:
    1. beating the crap out of someone.
    2. wait for the abulance to come then steel the ambulance.
    3. Run over people with the ambulance and zig zag the ambulance till i drive on two wheel :D

That game really is sick! :dazed:

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    Same here. :D In GTA 3 I used to start killing people any way I could, getting the crime level up to 4 stars, then I would go to an Ammunation store to hide. There, I could shoot out of the store at FBI agents, while they could not shoot at me. I murdered hundreds of those crooks. :D
    Didnt you find the balcony somewhere where its impossible to get killed? I killed millions of cops, I took down ever chopper they had. :D

In the older games it was better though because you could outrun the cops forever, and then the army would come and help and you could outrun them. Steal all their vehicles and just do whatever the hell you wanted.

Cops in GTA3 are super cops :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

But the funniest thing is:
    1. beating the crap out of someone.
    2. wait for the abulance to come then steel the ambulance.
    3. Run over people with the ambulance and zig zag the ambulance till i drive on two wheel :D

That game really is sick! :dazed:
    Oh I never did that. Ive been known to set a few cars alight and steal fire engines though :D

I also enjoy stoping beside the prostitudes until they get into the car. Drive the car to the bay and roll the sucker 'no pun intended' in and watch her sink lower 'ok that run was intended'

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18

Didnt you find the balcony somewhere where its impossible to get killed? I killed millions of cops, I took down ever chopper they had. :D

In the older games it was better though because you could outrun the cops forever, and then the army would come and help and you could outrun them. Steal all their vehicles and just do whatever the hell you wanted.

Cops in GTA3 are super cops :D
    What balcony? Was that in downtown Liberty City? I also used to hide on top of the 3 story car garage, shooting down choppers and throwing grenades down at people below. I also jumped on the back of pickups with a flame thrower, torching all the innocent bystanders on the side walk. I am so evil. :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Oh I never did that. Ive been known to set a few cars alight and steal fire engines though :D

I also enjoy stoping beside the prostitudes until they get into the car. Drive the car to the bay and roll the sucker 'no pun intended' in and watch her sink lower 'ok that run was intended'
    those hookers area great way to get extra HP.

just let them do their job, beat the crap out of them (most of them fight back :D ), then get your money back :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004

What balcony? Was that in downtown Liberty City? I also used to hide on top of the 3 story car garage, shooting down choppers and throwing grenades down at people below. I also jumped on the back of pickups with a flame thrower, torching all the innocent bystanders on the side walk. I am so evil. :D
    Cant remember were it was. That was long ago.

Ever do a drive by on a black motorcycle? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)