Kiev crisis / Euromaidan (21 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You dont have to believe me. But you can check facts.

For example, would europa allow financially poor ukraine in the union ?

Why is europe immediatly accepting a coup by a fascist party ?

Why is europe rejecting a referendum, whilst they agreed on it previously in Kosovo, and soon in scotland ?

Why would russia deliberatly shoot down a plane, if they just wanted to annex ukraine, wich is what media claim.

How many of the past wars the US got into, started off with blatant lies ?

Why is fascism allowed in Ukraine, whilst even the smallest criticism on Israel isnt allowed cause fascism 70 years ago.

i can make this list very much longer, but i need to leave to training.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
You dont have to believe me. But you can check facts.

For example, would europa allow financially poor ukraine in the union ?

Why is europe immediatly accepting a coup by a fascist party ?

Why is europe rejecting a referendum, whilst they agreed on it previously in Kosovo, and soon in scotland ?

Why would russia deliberatly shoot down a plane, if they just wanted to annex ukraine, wich is what media claim.

How many of the past wars the US got into, started off with blatant lies ?

Why is fascism allowed in Ukraine, whilst even the smallest criticism on Israel isnt allowed cause fascism 70 years ago.

i can make this list very much longer, but i need to leave to training.
Yeah..

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
That is exactly what the media want. So i wont.
Can you be wrong on any subject? Is there a chance, even the slightest that you could be wrong on some subjects? Not saying 100%, but just a tiny bit, is it even possible? Or this is just not permited by the laws of nature?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Lets totally forget the USA and EU started this mess by supporting a fascist coup :tup:

I have to say, western media are doing a fine job in this matter, blocking this out.

Like with ghaza currently. There was a 150 000 people demonstration in the UK, against Israel. Did you read about it ? Probably not.
Hmm, you're actually rather on point here.

Though it has also be noted that the Russian behaviour isn't any better.

And Russia is most probably indirectly responsible for shooting down the airplane by equipping the rebels with anti-aircraft missiles, though again such behaviour is not exactly unheard from in past US-military operations.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Hmm, you're actually rather on point here.

Though it has also be noted that the Russian behaviour isn't any better.

And Russia is most probably indirectly responsible for shooting down the airplane by equipping the rebels with anti-aircraft missiles, though again such behaviour is not exactly unheard from in past US-military operations.
What is his point?

- - - Updated - - -

Come the fuck on, man.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What is his point?
The EU are huge hypocrits and serving nothing but their only interest in this case. They, along with the US had major influence in demoting a democratically elected government, because they were acting too pro-Russian, which now got replaced by an extremely right-wing government standing for completely the opposite of the humanitarian ideals of the European Union.

I'm not by any means saying that Russia is acting correctly in this case, of course not, but the EU and the US knew exactly what they were doing when they attempted to make Ukraine an ally to the western states. Ukraine is perceived by both the Russian population as well as a large part of the Ukrainian population as culturally and historically fundamentally Russian. Kiev was the first capital of Russia ffs. From a Russian perspective, they have now for the past 20 years continually lost allies and neighbouring states to Nato, and now they're attempting to take Ukraine, a country more Russian than many parts of actual Russia. They're basically acting like a cornered animal.

Is this logic morally rightous? No. But the EU and US had no better motives and have even largely used the same strategies by supporting violent rebels - Russia on a larger scale though admittedly.

Also, just try to imagine how the US would react if Canada or Mexico would hold talks with the CSTO. The operations against Cuba in the 6oes and 70es would pale in comparison.

TL;DR: Both parties in this conflict are egoistic shitballs who care little about the Ukraine and their people, but most western media act as if Russia is exclusively at fault.

Jul 1, 2010
The EU are huge hypocrits and serving nothing but their only interest in this case. They, along with the US had major influence in demoting a democratically elected government, because they were acting too pro-Russian, which now got replaced by an extremely right-wing government standing for completely the opposite of the humanitarian ideals of the European Union.

I'm not by any means saying that Russia is acting correctly in this case, of course not, but the EU and the US knew exactly what they were doing when they attempted to make Ukraine an ally to the western states. Ukraine is perceived by both the Russian population as well as a large part of the Ukrainian population as culturally and historically fundamentally Russian. Kiev was the first capital of Russia ffs. From a Russian perspective, they have now for the past 20 years continually lost allies and neighbouring states to Nato, and now they're attempting to take Ukraine, a country more Russian than many parts of actual Russia. They're basically acting like a cornered animal.

Is this logic morally rightous? No. But the EU and US had no better motives and have even largely used the same strategies by supporting violent rebels - Russia on a larger scale though admittedly.

Also, just try to imagine how the US would react if Canada or Mexico would hold talks with the CSTO. The operations against Cuba in the 6oes and 70es would pale in comparison.

TL;DR: Both parties in this conflict are egoistic shitballs who care little about the Ukraine and their people, but most western media act as if Russia is exclusively at fault.
Good post, the bold part is important.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
And that surprises anyone? Russians are no saints here too.

P.S. The whole historic argument that ukraine is russian and Kiev was a capital of russia is nonsense. It never was like that.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005

TL;DR: Both parties in this conflict are egoistic $#@!balls who care little about the Ukraine and their people, but most western media act as if Russia is exclusively at fault.
Brilliant

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

I entirely agree with this.

I'm not saying Russia is handeling this the right way, i"m just saying EU and US started this.
And i'm very irritated about how western media handle this, like Ocelot said in the part i bolded.

What Russia is doing now, is showing Ukraine who's boss, by supporting these rebels, and perhaps the EU by shooting down that plane to tell them to fuck off.
That is offcourse horrible.

However, just 2 weeks ago some guy who ran for president a few years ago, came in international media to tell the media the russian standpoint. He said in Russia they think americans shot down that plane, to put further blame on russia so europe could upp its boycots (boycots between europe and eu are actually good for the usa).
(i dont agree with it, but the us did worse things in the past, so its a slight possibility)
He then said that he would welcome any evidence any party would have, to bring it out in the open to sentence the responsible persons considering the US is claiming they got evidence but arent showing it

The newsanchor then allmost laughed about his claim that it was amerika who shot it down, and completely neglected that he asked for evidence to brought out.

Personally, i found that an excellent remark. If there is evidence, why not bring it out ? But it was cringeworthy to see our media take out the accusation, and forget the good part.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Its amazing how people continue to believe the western media, and everything chineese or russian, is propaganda.

Well, its offcourse easy to forget the last two gulf wars for example, started with blatant lies, wich are barely covered and remembered.

But hey, fuck facts right, its on CNN
I only read Russia Today and Al-Jazeera.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)