Kiev crisis / Euromaidan (47 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Amazing how one guy's moment of immense stupidity could essentially eradicate an entire cause.

Franz Ferdinand comes to mind...

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Yeah :sad: my newspapers reported and quoted Indipendent.
Fuck the Independent, their online news presence is as crass and conceited as the Buzzfeed output.

The Guardian and the BBC are the best British sources. The BBC is the best English language source, it is constitutionally bound by impartiality.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Or maybe those separatists shot it down by mistake like it was initially reported.
Maybe, it's quite possible. But initial reports are always clumsy and potentially wrong. I'd like to see more evidence of a missile strike other than what the Ukraine government says.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Russian RIA-Novosti announced shooting down an Ukrainian plane about the time when the MH17 was shot down and in the very same place. The articles were quickly taken down after they found out it was a civilian.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
No no, public broadcasting is the most biased :agree:
:shifty:

The BBC can't support anything but objective statements, its in their constitution. They are paid for by compulsory licensing so they have to operate in the interests of the public, it is completely separate from the government. The only agenda the BBC has is to tell people what is going on. It is one of the few things that I am proud of in the UK, the NHS and welfare system being the others.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
:shifty:

The BBC can't support anything but objective statements, its in their constitution. They are paid for by compulsory licensing so they have to operate in the interests of the public, it is completely separate from the government. The only agenda the BBC has is to tell people what is going on. It is one of the few things that I am proud of in the UK, the NHS and welfare system being the others.
Do you know where I'm posting from?

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The United States has concluded the Malaysian airline was shot down, a senior U.S. official told CNN's Barbara Starr. One radar system saw a surface-to-air missile system turn on and track an aircraft right before the plane went down Thursday, according to the official. A second system saw a heat signature at the time the airliner was hit, the official said. The United States is analyzing the trajectory of the missile to try to learn where the attack came from
Joe Biden also confirms.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Ukrainian Intelligence have reported a telephone call from/to a Russian Federation officer describing the incident:-

Ukrainian security services claimed to intercepted conversations proving that Russia and pro-Russian separatists were responsible for downing MH17. The Kyiv Post has now translated the conversation released by the Ukrainian government. The first call is reportedly between a Russian military intelligence officer and a separatist commander. On the call, the officer reportedly says: "We have just shot down a plane".

The second call appears to be between two separatists as one examines the scene of the crash, where they appear to learn to their surprise that the flight was a civilian airlines. "It was 100 percent a passenger (civilian) aircraft," one says. "Holy s---! The debris fell right into the yards (of homes)."
SBU intercepts phone conversations of separatists admitting downing a civilian plane (FULL TRANSCRIPT; VIDEO)

- - - Updated - - -

*U.S. Intelligence Agencies Confirm Surface-to-Air Missile Fired at Malaysian Airliner: Officials

*Intelligence Detected Surface Missile Launch, Tracked Explosion of Plane, Official Says

*Intelligence Community Divided Over Whether Missile From Russia or E. Ukraine, Official Says.

WSJ Online.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
So, what do you guys think it will happen?
I think that Russia has just lost their "new war". Even Putin will have to officially cut all contacts with the separatists which means that the Ukrainian Army will wipe the floor with them in the following weeks. That is my guess at least.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think that Russia has just lost their "new war". Even Putin will have to officially cut all contacts with the separatists which means that the Ukrainian Army will wipe the floor with them in the following weeks. That is my guess at least.
Shit like this is bad for business. And business and cash flow have become the dominant military policy influencer around the world these days. The pressures to do otherwise would not be worth it, so I have to agree with you.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Copenhagen? Do you know where i'm posting from?
Nah, he meant his ass.

- - - Updated - - -

you are guessing wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)