Kiev crisis / Euromaidan (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, honestly I don't trust anyone in this situation. Even if they send in the NTSB from the US I wouldn't trust them either.

It could have been any one of the parties involved, or it could have been the biggest coincidence ever that it crashed there.

Moreover, maybe those Malaysian Muslim terrorists planned the whole thing out. Who knows.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think MH370 switched with MH17 in another dimension. We'll discover the markings of the plane match those of MH370. :cronios:

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #425
    Regardless of what happens I think Malaysian Airlines are done. I don't think there's any coming back from this.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    What would Russia gain from a downed aircraft? If they are caught, they would look worse than they already do.

What would Ukraine gain from such an event? Well, obviously if they blame it on Russia, they can enhance their image in their area.

I really doubt Putin would order that unless it was to be blamed on Ukraine, but nobody is claiming that.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    What would Russia gain from a downed aircraft? If they are caught, they would look worse than they already do.

What would Ukraine gain from such an event? Well, obviously if they blame it on Russia, they can enhance their image in their area.

I really doubt Putin would order that unless it was to be blamed on Ukraine, but nobody is claiming that.
    Tensions are high. People have weapons.

Stupid happens. Stupid becomes deadly.

End of my analysis for the day.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009

I don't think anyone is trying to say Putin ordered this. It was most likely done by the russian separatists who are armed by Russia. Also answers for you 1st and 2nd question are the same. Both countries would gain from blaming the other but there's maybe like 1% chance it happened.

Usually the most obvious answers are right. There's only one party in that area that has been shooting planes down recently.

Btw. Ukrainians released a taped conversation between 2 separatists. During the convo they first report shooting down an Ukrainian plane and later they go to the crash site and realise it was a civilian plane. No idea how legit that conversation is but they did release it.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
    BBC Monitoring reports more from the conversation between militants allegedly intercepted by the Ukrainian Security Service.

The conversation starts with Igor Bezler, a key militant, apparently telling a Russian security official by phone that the pro-Russian militants have shot down a plane.

In the YouTube footage a militant nicknamed "Major" is seen saying it was shot down by "Cossacks from the Chernukhino roadblock".

Major goes on to say: "It is definitely a civilian plane... there was a lot of people on board," BBC Monitoring reports.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006

Or maybe those separatists shot it down by mistake like it was initially reported.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)