Kiev crisis / Euromaidan (36 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
United Nations Security Council resolution 757 section g (for gangsta)

Slav-niggas got jacked yo
A good genocide is so hard to keep going these days. Unless you're a jew.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn. That one isn't just 100% luck either.

I thought it was going to be something about her seeing Crimea from her house.
She's like a foreign policy rain man.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That was a savant stroke. Though I gotta believe that Putin could care less about whether the president was Obama or John McCain.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Enron said:
I paraphrased someone on talk radio I heard this morning. Leave it to conservatives to look for an economic silver lining to a possible regional conflict.
That is sort of like how the Kenyesian Democrats thought Hurricane Katrina was good for the economy.

Both parties should come together and start bombing random cities in order to save us from another great depression.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That is sort of like how the Kenyesian Democrats thought Hurricane Katrina was good for the economy.

Both parties should come together and start bombing random cities in order to save us from another great depression.
Think how much economic prosperity we'll see if we blow up our own cities!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Think how much economic prosperity we'll see if we blow up our own cities!
If we blow up our 50 largest cities, the number of needed relief workers alone would create maximum employment. Then once the cleanup process ends 50 years later, we can send in the same relief workers to suicide bomb, thus creating additional need for Toilet Security Agents.

Jul 1, 2010
The West won't intervene militarily, this will essentially be an economic war, with the West implementing sanctions and freezing Russian assets.
Putin can win this if he gets China's support, which seems quite possible since they're now very close economic partners, with their recent energy deal.

America seems very weak diplomatically, Russia is brushing Obama's and Kerry's threats aside as if the USA was a second rate power. Obama is by far the weakest president of my lifetime, Putin owned him on the Syrian crisis and it looks like this will happen again.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You think China would stop doing business with the US? I strongly doubt it. US won't do anything at all about Ukraine and everything will resume as normal.

Jul 1, 2010
You think China would stop doing business with the US? I strongly doubt it. US won't do anything at all about Ukraine and everything will resume as normal.
Of course they wouldn't, I mean lending further economic support to Russia by means of further economic agreements.

Kerry said that they're going to try to isolate Russia economically. Well that will fail if Russia retains China's economic support.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Of course they wouldn't, I mean lending further economic support to Russia by means of further economic agreements.

Kerry said that they're going to try to isolate Russia economically. Well that will fail if Russia retains China's economic support.
Oh ok. I thought you meant that would affect the US-China relationships.

Russia has always been a wildcard as far as the US is concerned. I don't think we've expected any serious cooperation from them in most matters but we still have to take a stance that makes it look like at least we care.

Jul 1, 2010
Well, I think that Russia feels threatened by Nato's and the EU's constant attempts to wrestle Ukraine away from Russian influence and that they're essentially protecting their national interests by invading Crimea.

Russia had essentially no other choice but to invade Crimea in order to retain its current power and influence, it's a crucial region for them. With Crimea under Western control, Russia would be done for as a major player and Putin would lose his popular support. The Russians absolutely cannot afford to lose Sevastopol, their main naval base on the Black Sea and I'm pretty sure that Nato would push for its removal if Ukraine were to join it.

The Russians feel that Ukraine is and should remain part of their natural sphere of influence and they'll do whatever it takes to keep it that way.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
This whole thing is not cool, isn't there anymore desert places they might wrestle for? Too close for our westerners liking this is.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Well, I think that Russia feels threatened by Nato's and the EU's constant attempts to wrestle Ukraine away from Russian influence and that they're essentially protecting their national interests by invading Crimea.

Russia had essentially no other choice but to invade Crimea in order to retain its current power and influence, it's a crucial region for them. With Crimea under Western control, Russia would be done for as a major player and Putin would lose his popular support. The Russians absolutely cannot afford to lose Sevastopol, their main naval base on the Black Sea and I'm pretty sure that Nato would push for its removal if Ukraine were to join it.

The Russians feel that Ukraine is and should remain part of their natural sphere of influence and they'll do whatever it takes to keep it that way.
Yeah, but this isn't 100 years ago.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
You dont fuck with Russia. You just dont. US and A's power stops there. Thank God for Russia and i really, really am thankful every day that Russia exists. Comming from such a small and globally insignificant country as my own it is only natural that i should turn to bigger, stronger "guys" to defend me and my country from the evil that is USA.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
You dont fuck with Russia. You just dont. US and A's power stops there. Thank God for Russia and i really, really am thankful every day that Russia exists. Comming from such a small and globally insignificant country as my own it is only natural that i should turn to bigger, stronger "guys" to defend me and my country from the evil that is USA.
lol no one cares about balkan slavs anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)