Keisuke Honda - AM - CSKA Moscow (18 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
that had nothing to do with Pirlo - the whole team was already on the way down, without motivation ... that same season even average Serie A teams dominated Milan resulting in Milan not making even the CL.
This being said, I agree that Pirlo is unlikely to be suitable for a 2 men midfield ... my guess, however, is that Conte will quickly realize that this is not Serie B he is playing in and will adjust his tactics to a 3-men mid.

I don't think Juve have the players even for a 4-4-2, let alone 4-2-4 - you guys played a 4-4-2, on paper, under Lippi but on the left wing, you had players like Zidane first and then Nedved, who are really central attacking mids and not real wingers, so they would usually cut in and that provided equilibrium to the whole team. Even players like Di Livio and then Camo - the right wingers - were not typical wingers but could play a more "inner" midfield role. Most importantly, however, they both were fighters ... Juve, right now, simply does not have such players.

So, I think your best bet for a solid and equilibrated team is one playing with a 3-men mid.

my 2 cents :)
this

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
that had nothing to do with Pirlo - the whole team was already on the way down, without motivation ... that same season even average Serie A teams dominated Milan resulting in Milan not making even the CL.
This being said, I agree that Pirlo is unlikely to be suitable for a 2 men midfield ... my guess, however, is that Conte will quickly realize that this is not Serie B he is playing in and will adjust his tactics to a 3-men mid.

I don't think Juve have the players even for a 4-4-2, let alone 4-2-4 - you guys played a 4-4-2, on paper, under Lippi but on the left wing, you had players like Zidane first and then Nedved, who are really central attacking mids and not real wingers, so they would usually cut in and that provided equilibrium to the whole team. Even players like Di Livio and then Camo - the right wingers - were not typical wingers but could play a more "inner" midfield role. Most importantly, however, they both were fighters ... Juve, right now, simply does not have such players.

So, I think your best bet for a solid and equilibrated team is one playing with a 3-men mid.

my 2 cents :)
I wasn't blaming Pirlo for that game, merely suggesting that it didn't exactly help Fred's argument.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've consistently said that signing Pirlo was a good move by Juve.

It's just that since the signing I've spent a fair amount of time arguing against playing him in a 4-4-2/4-2-4 system.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Time well tell Red. I personally believe that it is a myth that players like Pirlo need two defensive midfielders to protect them. Its not like Pirlo doesn't do any defending at all. He might not be much of a tackler, but he does read the game well, i remember he had one of the highest ball interception statistics in the 2006 World Cup. If he is played alongside a good enough defensive mid, imo he would manage. Granted you would probably need your wingers to help out in defense when playing against the tougher teams.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Who said anything about playing him with two defensive midfielders?

He needs to play with midfielders who can defend, not necessarily defensive midfielders.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I've consistently said that signing Pirlo was a good move by Juve.

It's just that since the signing I've spent a fair amount of time arguing against playing him in a 4-4-2/4-2-4 system.
Red, I don;t think it's just Pirlo not fitting the 4-4-2 or it's glorified version, 4-2-4.
I believe, generally, Juve does not have the players, who would make the system work for Juve the way it should work for a top team - Juve under Lippi, or ManU now.

Juve right now has, and seems to be looking for wingers of the Krasic type and, a 4-4-2 would make you guys play like a midtable team - lacking balance thruout the field ... may be dangerous going forward, but it's overall equilibrium that makes a team great.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
本田 ユベントス有力 クラブ間交渉はすでに金銭面

イタリアの名門ユベントスが、今夏の移籍市場でCSKAモスクワの日本代表MF本田圭佑(25)の獲得に動いていることが27日、分かった。

関係者によると、新スタジアムで迎える来季の目玉選手に本田を指名。既に金銭面を含めたクラブ間交渉を重ねているという。これまでに数々のビッグクラブが本田の獲得に興味を示していたが、本格交渉に発展したのは今回が初めて。「ユベントス本田」誕生が有力となった。

ロシアリーグで毎試合のように得点に絡んでアピールを続けてきた本田が、ビッグクラブを動かした。関係者によると、イタリア・セリエAの強豪ユベントスが本田獲得に向け、CSKAモスクワと金銭面を含めたクラブ間交渉を進めているという。来季、伝統のビアンコネロ(白と黒)のユニホームに袖を通す可能性が急浮上した。

10年W杯南アフリカ大会で日本代表の16強に貢献した本田には、アーセナル、リバプール、ACミランなど、多くのビッグクラブが興味を示した。だが、1000万ユーロ(約12億円)を下らないとされる移籍金がネックとなり、いずれも正式オファーには至らなかった。本格交渉に発展したのは今回が初めてとなった。

“イタリアの貴婦人”の異名を持つユベントスは国内最多のリーグ優勝27回を誇る名門。今季リーグ戦7位に終わって来季の欧州チャンピオンズリーグ出場権を逃したが、かねてビッグクラブへの移籍を目標に掲げていた本田の希望に合致している。

パスセンスも際立つ本田が加入すれば、マトリ、デルピエロの新旧イタリア代表FWとの共演が注目となる。さらに「俺たちが日本代表を引っ張ろう」と誓い合っているインテル・ミラノのDF長友とのビッグクラブ同士での日本人対決も実現する。本田の去就からますます目が離せなくなってきた。

≪ユベントス≫1897年トリノを本拠地に創設。1930~31年シーズンからセリエAで5連覇を達成するなど最多優勝27回を誇る。2006年に発覚した“八百長関与”で06~07年は初めて2部降格も、1年でセリエAに復帰した。イタリア杯の優勝9回も最多で、欧州CLは前身の欧州チャンピオンズ杯を含めて85、96年に優勝。

≪セリエAと日本人≫94年にFWカズが日本人として初めてジェノア移籍を実現させ、世界最高峰セリエAへの道を切り開いた。その後、MF中田、名波、中村、小笠原、FW柳沢ら日本を代表する選手が次々と挑戦。01年には、中田が名門ローマで日本人初のスクデット獲得を実現させた。現在はFW森本とDF長友がプレー。特に長友は今冬、チェゼーナからビッグクラブのインテル・ミラノに移籍。定位置を確保し、セリエAでもっとも成功した日本人選手となった。

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)