Keisuke Honda - AM - CSKA Moscow (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Personnel does not matter, you look at that and it looks like we played a 3 man midfield. But we didn't. Hleb played behind the lone striker, Eboue played on the right with Diaby on the left. The latter only played because of the injuries we had. Cesc and Flamini played as our midfield duo.
And Diaby will have gone and helped in the middle and Hleb probably got in about Pirlo when Pirlo dropped deep to get the ball off the defence.

My issue is with genuine two man midfields, where there are wingers who stay wide and a lack of players who will get stuck in.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Yeah I don't know.... A 4-3-3 would be far cheaper for us though. No need to spend on a LW and an SS.
How would you play 4-3-3 without a LW/SS ? Aguero is coming and he will be taking one spot along with Krasic. The other spot will be for grab.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
And Diaby will have gone and helped in the middle and Hleb probably got in about Pirlo when Pirlo dropped deep to get the ball off the defence.

My issue is with genuine two man midfields, where there are wingers who stay wide and a lack of players who will get stuck in.
Also, Fred, the fact that Pirlo was in the Milan midfield that was dominated by Arsenal is hardly helping your argument that he could function in a two man midfield.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Also, Fred, the fact that Pirlo was in the Milan midfield that was dominated by Arsenal is hardly helping your argument that he could function in a two man midfield.
that had nothing to do with Pirlo - the whole team was already on the way down, without motivation ... that same season even average Serie A teams dominated Milan resulting in Milan not making even the CL.
This being said, I agree that Pirlo is unlikely to be suitable for a 2 men midfield ... my guess, however, is that Conte will quickly realize that this is not Serie B he is playing in and will adjust his tactics to a 3-men mid.

I don't think Juve have the players even for a 4-4-2, let alone 4-2-4 - you guys played a 4-4-2, on paper, under Lippi but on the left wing, you had players like Zidane first and then Nedved, who are really central attacking mids and not real wingers, so they would usually cut in and that provided equilibrium to the whole team. Even players like Di Livio and then Camo - the right wingers - were not typical wingers but could play a more "inner" midfield role. Most importantly, however, they both were fighters ... Juve, right now, simply does not have such players.

So, I think your best bet for a solid and equilibrated team is one playing with a 3-men mid.

my 2 cents :)

Aug 2, 2005
See if we did do that we would save

we would have a 4-3-3 with

Lich-Chiello-Bonucci-Ziegler

---Melo--Pirlo--Honda--

Krasic------Matri--Aguero
(Pepe) (Toni/Alex) (Quag)
thats close to the fucking team Barca

keeper
4 defenders

Iniesta Busi Xavi

Messi Villa Pedro

one DM and one more-passing midfielder and one AM (ACM)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
That's pretty much close to almost any team playing 4-3-3. Honda is alright and obviously talented but smells a lot like Nakata. Hasn't really done anything to excite me the few times I've seen him (mainly world cup games). These are of course too few games to make a fair judgement but it's still my opinion until I've seen him again and he's proved me wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)