Keane charged by police (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Keane charged by police
by Mark Buckingham - Last Updated 21 Sep 2004

Manchester United captain Roy Keane has been charged with assault and criminal damage.

The Republic of Ireland international's charge relates to an incident which happened near to Keane's home earlier this month.

Keane must appear before magistrates this Thursday, with Greater Manchester Police confirming the charge.

"Roy Keane has this afternoon been charged with a section 4 public order criminal damage and a section 39 assault relating to an incident that occurred in the Hale area on 4 September 2004," said a spokesman for the force.

"He will appear before Trafford Magistrates on Thursday 23 September 2004."

Keane went to Stretford Police Station on Tuesday with his solicitor where the charges were brought against him.

The charges are understood to relate to an alleged altercation with a teenage student, who initially beeped his motor scooter horn at Keane.

Just days later, the pair allegedly clashed again with Keane reportedly breaking the 16-year-old's neck chain and he must now appear in court on Thursday.

planetfootball.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Very classy Roy :rolleyes:
Oh, I sure he just decided to pick on the poor defenseless kid for no reason. Let's at least hear some evidence first. Chances are good that this is just some scumbag hoping to make a quick buck.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

that's considered a bootable offence in some cultures, you know :)
Which might they be gray? Dont tell me is austrailia!:D

I will miss roy keane once he retires. He used to be the worlds best player at one point. And i doubt he did anything to the 16 year old..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
Which might they be gray? Dont tell me is austrailia!:D
obviously none of you have seen the Simpsons episode in question :down:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Oh, I sure he just decided to pick on the poor defenseless kid for no reason. Let's at least hear some evidence first. Chances are good that this is just some scumbag hoping to make a quick buck.
that's what I thought first too... The story sounds very clumsy IMO...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)