Karim Benzema - FW - Real Madrid (142 Viewers)

Who do you want?

• Karim Benzema

• Klaas Jan Huntelaar

• Amauri

• Elmander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Thank you Andy ;) I could easily have done it myself, but you beat me to the punch. Absolute waste of space, and a truly pathetic individual he is. What can I say? I really shouldn't expect any better from the likes of him.

As for Pazzini, he wouldn't be so bad, but I would prefer to see a Benzema-Neymar tandem in 3 years :drool:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Thank you for your contribution. Unfortunately for you, I don't really value your opinion, or think highly of you as an individual either. Keep yapping. Hope you enjoy the power surge that you feel from being all macho behind your keyboard.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
"Starting with Benzema is like going hunting with a cat, instead of a dog"
- Jose Mourinho :lol2:
He never said this.

I have a big problem: with the injury to Higuaín, there’s only one forward, so I can do two things. If I start Benzema, I won’t have another forward on the bench and if I leave Benzema on the bench, I have to change the system and play with three in the middle. It’s like hunting with a cat. Obviously, if you go hunting with a dog you’d catch more and if you do it with a cat, less. But you’d still go hunting and in the same way that I haven’t cried during the six-month absence of Kaká, I’m not going to cry now because of the absence of Higuaín.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Moggi would've closed this deal by now Beppe! I know we don't have money, but we do have Amauri and Sissoko. Leverage so you don't have to spend on another forward next Janaury, and the January after that and after that and after that.

And if starting with Benz is like hunting with a cat, I wonder what playing with Amauri compares to? :lol:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That too.
I don't think the "Real is ruining players" is valid for Benzema and this team. Real has one of the best coaches who's asking a lot and getting a lot from his players. If that coach has a problem with Benz then it's Benz who should check what's he doing wrong. When Mourinho can get the best out of Ronaldo and the other stars but only Benz is underperforming, then it's not Real Madrid as a club that is the problem in this case.
Mourinho is an amazing coach, but not all coaches can work well with all the players.

What Mourinho is doing can be understood differently, though. Most of the people expect him to say "Benzema is great and he needs to find his old form" but it's hard to hear such from Mourinho who's different. His constant bashing can be understood as moral boost as well. If you tell me I suck, then I'll give my best to prove you wrong. It's possible but I don't think it works that well in this case. Despite the huge talent, Mourinho also had troubles with Balotelli who's probably yet to shine.

There could be just too many reasons why Benzema is slacking but the last thing I'd consider is that he's simply not good enough. IIRC he played good and even scored for France. I still think he needs a new environment to get his old form back. By saying that, considering his price dropped drastically I'd say he'd be a great investment.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Mourinho is an amazing coach, but not all coaches can work well with all the players.

What Mourinho is doing can be understood differently, though. Most of the people expect him to say "Benzema is great and he needs to find his old form" but it's hard to hear such from Mourinho who's different. His constant bashing can be understood as moral boost as well. If you tell me I suck, then I'll give my best to prove you wrong. It's possible but I don't think it works that well in this case. Despite the huge talent, Mourinho also had troubles with Balotelli who's probably yet to shine.

There could be just too many reasons why Benzema is slacking but the last thing I'd consider is that he's simply not good enough. IIRC he played good and even scored for France. I still think he needs a new environment to get his old form back. By saying that, considering his price dropped drastically I'd say he'd be a great investment.
Mourinho doesn't like spoiled players, the kind that was made into a superstar before his 20's, precisely the type Balotelli and Benzema are. He'll never praise them if they don't deserve it, he'll always give them crap. Those types of players need to be pampered and Mourinho will not do that. He'll expect them to change their attitude and do things the way he likes them.

Mourinho likes players with strong peronalities and attitudes. Take Stankovic for example, he was touted to be first out the door when Mourinho came. But Stankovic is the type that strives under pressure and is determined to prove someone wrong. Then you have Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo who play for their ego and the recognition they receive in the process. They think of themselves as the world's best and want others to think so as well. *cough, Mourinho, cough*

I love Mourinho, he's by far my favorite manager, but I doubt he is the fantastic man-manager some think he is. He has just as strong personality as Ibra or Ronaldo and that's why he works best with them and will defend them even when they're crap. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but would a change of approach in this Benzema case yield results? I think so. Benzema just needs a pat on the back and little more faith. The guy didn't forget to play football, he's just lost confidence and with Mourinho he will not get it back.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mourinho doesn't like spoiled players, the kind that was made into a superstar before his 20's, precisely the type Balotelli and Benzema are. He'll never praise them if they don't deserve it, he'll always give them crap. Those types of players need to be pampered and Mourinho will not do that. He'll expect them to change their attitude and do things the way he likes them.

Mourinho likes players with strong peronalities and attitudes. Take Stankovic for example, he was touted to be first out the door when Mourinho came. But Stankovic is the type that strives under pressure and is determined to prove someone wrong. Then you have Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo who play for their ego and the recognition they receive in the process. They think of themselves as the world's best and want others to think so as well. *cough, Mourinho, cough*

I love Mourinho, he's by far my favorite manager, but I doubt he is the fantastic man-manager some think he is. He has just as strong personality as Ibra or Ronaldo and that's why he works best with them and will defend them even when they're crap. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but would a change of approach in this Benzema case yield results? I think so. Benzema just needs a pat on the back and little more faith. The guy didn't forget to play football, he's just lost confidence and with Mourinho he will not get it back.
I wouldn't put those two in the same category. Balotelli is always talking shit eventhough he's good, I understand if coaches don't like him. But unlike him, Benzema was always coolheaded.

I do think he's great at man-manager for some reason. It's just that he gets the best of 20 player and when he fails with one they all jump on his head how he took the wrong way to guide him. Many people were saying how great he is, as a coach and like a person. They all said how they've never worked as hard on trainings too (Stankovic being one of them). But yeah, I agree with most of the things you said, makes a lot of sense. Especially the last part, that guy did not forget to play football and he deserves a chance at some other place. He should just leave Real.

IMO when on form he has everything what it takes to be one of the best strikers. He might be overweight but it's not a huge deal. But looking at his football abilities I think he's great as there are no things he suck at.

So many players failed at Real. I think at least 90% of young ones at least. Yeah, Ronaldo is doing great and he's a great player. But even Kaka sucked there and many other players too (Huntelaar). I think when it comes to the players who were destroyed by club, Real comes first by miles. He was great at Lyon and still doing great for his NT.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't even think twice if he was available.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I wouldn't put those two in the same category. Balotelli is always talking shit eventhough he's good, I understand if coaches don't like him. But unlike him, Benzema was always coolheaded.

I do think he's great at man-manager for some reason. It's just that he gets the best of 20 player and when he fails with one they all jump on his head how he took the wrong way to guide him. Many people were saying how great he is, as a coach and like a person. They all said how they've never worked as hard on trainings too (Stankovic being one of them). But yeah, I agree with most of the things you said, makes a lot of sense. Especially the last part, that guy did not forget to play football and he deserves a chance at some other place. He should just leave Real.

IMO when on form he has everything what it takes to be one of the best strikers. He might be overweight but it's not a huge deal. But looking at his football abilities I think he's great as there are no things he suck at.

So many players failed at Real. I think at least 90% of young ones at least. Yeah, Ronaldo is doing great and he's a great player. But even Kaka sucked there and many other players too (Huntelaar). I think when it comes to the players who were destroyed by club, Real comes first by miles. He was great at Lyon and still doing great for his NT.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't even think twice if he was available.
I meant the fact they were superstars at an early age, both still need a lot of guidance, not that they are same personalities.

He is a great man-manager, his motivational skills will get the best out of most players, but he is not without fault. His biggest fault is stubbornness, not wanting to change his approach specific to certain cases. Benzema will never find form again with Mourinho. He's being humiliated in the media and is only played because there is absolutely no one else at coaches disposal.

I've made my opinion about Benzema known a number of times, I'm just here to say it's dumb to think along the lines "if a guy like Mourinho can't get the best out of him, then he's obviously not all that". Bullshit.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You obviously do as you keep replying to my posts. So run along now, twirp.
Twirp? Are you like 12? :lol: In any case, I will let the mods take care of you chump, as it's obvious you insulted me for no reason after I made my initial post.

In any case, I am not here to lecture toddlers. Mods, please take care of this matter, and refer to his earlier post in this thread, where he hurled abuse at me for no apparent reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)