Karim Benzema - FW - Real Madrid (27 Viewers)

Who do you want?

• Karim Benzema

• Klaas Jan Huntelaar

• Amauri

• Elmander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He looks over weight and he is obviously lacking confidence.

The confidence thing can be fixed, but I would worry about the attitude of a player that lets himself get out of shape and, if what was said by Dusan is true, isn't working hard to get back in form.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What's worrying me most of all is the fact that he doesn't seem to read the play well, and that's a problem for a striker. Ozil and Di Maria are new players but Higuain got used to them very quickly. The Argie was involved in the build up and he opened up excellently, always giving the final pass option to the playmakers. Benz is like a lost kid in that attacking quartet Real have. He doesn't seem to know where to position himself and is preventing the three Real players behind him play the passing game well. Sometimes he's almost like a defender, defending against Ronaldo's, Di Maria's and Ozil's attacks.
To quote myself though and add something in Benz's defense, the said in the quote above was valid for Zlatan too during a big part of last season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But you guys are forgetting that this isn't a normal Madrid side.
That too.
I don't think the "Real is ruining players" is valid for Benzema and this team. Real has one of the best coaches who's asking a lot and getting a lot from his players. If that coach has a problem with Benz then it's Benz who should check what's he doing wrong. When Mourinho can get the best out of Ronaldo and the other stars but only Benz is underperforming, then it's not Real Madrid as a club that is the problem in this case.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Looks like Valdano is the main reason that Benzema is still at Real, he is now criticising Mourinho in public for leaving Benz on the bench.

May 22, 2007
"When I saw Rijkaard entering the referee's dressing room I couldn't believe it. When Drogba was sent off I didn't get surprised." - Mourinho

This guy talks too much!
If there is one coach in world football who is allowed to talk shit about anything, Mourinho is the man.

His recent comments about Benzema aren't surprising, but even now his price must have dropped quite severely. Interesting at what people would value him at currently.

Your sig is nice.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
If there is one coach in world football who is allowed to talk shit about anything, Mourinho is the man.

His recent comments about Benzema aren't surprising, but even now his price must have dropped quite severely. Interesting at what people would value him at currently.

Your sig is nice.
"I am Jose Mourinho and I don't change. I arrive with all my qualities and my defects." - Mourinho.

Haha, I guess he's allowed to and he sounds poetic too!

World class sig for a world class team!

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Probably. It could be seen from his play that he once had it and he can do that again.

What's worrying me most of all is the fact that he doesn't seem to read the play well, and that's a problem for a striker. Ozil and Di Maria are new players but Higuain got used to them very quickly. The Argie was involved in the build up and he opened up excellently, always giving the final pass option to the playmakers. Benz is like a lost kid in that attacking quartet Real have. He doesn't seem to know where to position himself and is preventing the three Real players behind him play the passing game well. Sometimes he's almost like a defender, defending against Ronaldo's, Di Maria's and Ozil's attacks.
Agreed. He looks well out of his depth. Compared to Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria, Kaka and Higuain, even Granero, he looks to lack vision, lacks the necessary quick reaction on the ball.

He would be another failure in Turin.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
lol so this thread is still open? The chanse that we get Benzema is about 0%.

Real dont wont to sell.

They dont have enought attackers to sell him.

If they wanted to? We dont have money,

Loan? Why should they loan him out, Im sure teams like Man utd would try to buy him for money,

Why would he pick us over teams like Man Utd?

Has he ever said something good about us?

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
He needs to play in a more organized team.. there is still too much individual play in real's attack.. I can imagine why he's having a hard time reading the play when there is Di maria who wants to be the hero of the day everytime he's on the ball.
There is no doubt about Benzema's ability and technique, his play simply doesn't suit La liga, and Alen made a perfect example by naming Camelface..

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
And you think that would be us? Now that's something new.

I would still take Benz here in a heartbeat...
Where did I say anything about Juventus?

Still to answer that, yes I'd say there is more structure in Juve's attack eventhough is nowhere as effective as real's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)