Karim Benzema - FW - Real Madrid (18 Viewers)

Who do you want?

• Karim Benzema

• Klaas Jan Huntelaar

• Amauri

• Elmander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
"Starting with Benzema is like going hunting with a cat, instead of a dog"
- Jose Mourinho :lol2:
Seriously?

There was no doubt at all that Mourinho finds Benzema very annoying. Just look at Mou's reactions when Benzema will miss a chance. He never makes those grimaces when anyone else misses a chance, but always for Benzema.
Still, this is truly unbelievable if he said it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tie the player down for next season. But if you don't get a passing grade from Mourinho, your value is cut in half immediately, fairly or unfairly.

Hopefully Madrid pulls a Walter Samuel and sells him to us for 3M Euros. The dude will have to take a major paycut though, as he probably should. He isn't worth that sort of money. Good player, but nowhere near world class.

Jul 2, 2006
Seriously?

There was no doubt at all that Mourinho finds Benzema very annoying. Just look at Mou's reactions when Benzema will miss a chance. He never makes those grimaces when anyone else misses a chance, but always for Benzema.
Still, this is truly unbelievable if he said it.
He said similiar things about Pedro Leon. Trying to motivate players by humiliating them. Doesn't work every time though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Mourinho was already saying how he sleeps at trainings and other stuff. This doesn't surprise me really.
It was kinda stupid to say it, though. There must be something really big that annoys Mourinho too much. In times when he doesn't have a single striker apart from Benzema it's probably the best to try and motivate him instead of this.
But I can't say much since I don't know what's producing this animosity.

As for Benz, I agree with Andy. I watch a lot of Madrid matches and yes, from time to time one could notice glimpses of brilliance in Benzema's game, but that's like 2% of everything he does. Most of the time he fucks up chances and build ups.
Also, he must lose weight. He's becoming too slow and way too fat for a professional footballer.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He is a very good player, he just needs change of environment.
Probably. It could be seen from his play that he once had it and he can do that again.

What's worrying me most of all is the fact that he doesn't seem to read the play well, and that's a problem for a striker. Ozil and Di Maria are new players but Higuain got used to them very quickly. The Argie was involved in the build up and he opened up excellently, always giving the final pass option to the playmakers. Benz is like a lost kid in that attacking quartet Real have. He doesn't seem to know where to position himself and is preventing the three Real players behind him play the passing game well. Sometimes he's almost like a defender, defending against Ronaldo's, Di Maria's and Ozil's attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)