Karim Benzema - FW - Real Madrid (152 Viewers)

Who do you want?

• Karim Benzema

• Klaas Jan Huntelaar

• Amauri

• Elmander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
That's not really true. We have plenty of scoring opportunities game in game out despite lacking creative individuals. Our real problem is actually putting those chances away (e.g our game against Fiorentina), so really the opposite is true. Dzeko is the sort of player we desperately need.
There will be times when our midfield will be completely overwhelmed & once another team packs the midfield we will face major issues.What i'm getting at is that Benzema isn't as reliant opn service as Dzeko is.Also a lot of people here seem to think Benzema isn't a goalscorer which really isn't the case. He's fast, skillfull & extremely versatile, which is what we need.

When our midfield hasn't got a clue, do you really see Dzeko dropping deep, helping out with build up & linking up with the midfield?

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I would definitely take it if the news is true.. loan deal + option, with the loan deal it can make we have alternative striker which we need so much, and we can always return him back if he flop with us..

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
There will be times when our midfield will be completely overwhelmed & once another team packs the midfield we will face major issues.What i'm getting at is that Benzema isn't as reliant opn service as Dzeko is.Also a lot of people here seem to think Benzema isn't a goalscorer which really isn't the case. He's fast, skillfull & extremely versatile, which is what we need.

When our midfield hasn't got a clue, do you really see Dzeko dropping deep, helping out with build up & linking up with the midfield?
Our midfield really doesn't struggle that badly though. Both Aquilani and Krasic provide our strikers with plenty of opportunities to score and when we lack their individual stardom we usually make up for it as a team and deny opposition midfields to run over us. When it comes to a striker dropping deep and linking up with our midfield, Quagliarella is very capable of doing so. Aquilani knows how to push up and meet our strikers as well.
We also need to take into account the purchases we may make at full back and left wing. A left winger in particular will multiply scoring opportunities due to our attacks becoming more diverse and less predictable. The same goes for having new attacking full backs.
We really don't need a versatile striker. We have (and in the future will have to a higher degree) the capability, balance and most importantly the ability to provide scoring opportunities in our team that warrants a true, finishing CF. Not an all round, self-creating striker. Watch our games this year. Its clear that what's separating Juventus from Milan on the table is finishing. We've drawn way two many games because that doofus Iaquinta doesn't know how to put an easy chance away. Dzeko is the perfect man to fill that void. It comes down to a simple equation - a surplus of chances and a lack of goals. Get a purely finishing striker!

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I would rather get Pazzini than get Benzema. I wouldn't mind Benzema but he's a much bigger gamble and we really need a quick fix now. Even Gila would be good at this point.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Our midfield really doesn't struggle that badly though. Both Aquilani and Krasic provide our strikers with plenty of opportunities to score and when we lack their individual stardom we usually make up for it as a team and deny opposition midfields to run over us. When it comes to a striker dropping deep and linking up with our midfield, Quagliarella is very capable of doing so. Aquilani knows how to push up and meet our strikers as well.
We also need to take into account the purchases we may make at full back and left wing. A left winger in particular will multiply scoring opportunities due to our attacks becoming more diverse and less predictable. The same goes for having new attacking full backs.
We really don't need a versatile striker. We have (and in the future will have to a higher degree) the capability, balance and most importantly the ability to provide scoring opportunities in our team that warrants a true, finishing CF. Not an all round, self-creating striker. Watch our games this year. Its clear that what's separating Juventus from Milan on the table is finishing. We've drawn way two many games because that doofus Iaquinta doesn't know how to put an easy chance away. Dzeko is the perfect man to fill that void. It comes down to a simple equation - a surplus of chances and a lack of goals. Get a purely finishing striker!
Our midfield hasn't really been tested & i'll give it the benefit of the doubt because we haven't exactly complimented it well or completed it.In Serie A we're okay but if we had to go into the CL with this squad we'd be exposed.Quag is a good SS but in an ideal situation we'd have someone with a higher step in quality like Cassano. What i like about Benzema is that he has many qualities that many strikers lack & he can put the goals away, that's for sure.

Thing is, everything looks all rosy but it's bound to happen when our midfield gets overrun by superior opposition & it's just a bonus to have a striker that can get stuck in, go for the ball & not expect everything to come his way. There will be times when we'd have to defend big time & i'd love to have that sort of striker to dig deep when it matters most.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I would rather get Pazzini than get Benzema. I wouldn't mind Benzema but he's a much bigger gamble and we really need a quick fix now. Even Gila would be good at this point.
Sure thing. Wait until Pazzini joins another team & doesn't have Cassano to make him look like Batistuta.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Our midfield hasn't really been tested & i'll give it the benefit of the doubt because we haven't exactly complimented it well or completed it.In Serie A we're okay but if we had to go into the CL with this squad we'd be exposed.Quag is a good SS but in an ideal situation we'd have someone with a higher step in quality like Cassano. What i like about Benzema is that he has many qualities that many strikers lack & he can put the goals away, that's for sure.

Thing is, everything looks all rosy but it's bound to happen when our midfield gets overrun by superior opposition & it's just a bonus to have a striker that can get stuck in, go for the ball & not expect everything to come his way. There will be times when we'd have to defend big time & i'd love to have that sort of striker to dig deep when it matters most.
But what is superior opposition? We've looked decent againt Milan, Inter and Man City. We might not be up to Barcelona standards as of yet but that's well known by all including the management. We're going to need to buy a Dzeko-esque striker at some point especially if we offload Amauri and Iaquinta. I think we should take the opportunity while it still presents itself.

Its not that I don't agree. We do need the type of striker you describe but Dzeko is needed more desperately and I'm not 100% that Benz will provide what you're looking for either.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
But what is superior opposition? We've looked decent againt Milan, Inter and Man City. We might not be up to Barcelona standards as of yet but that's well known by all including the management. We're going to need to buy a Dzeko-esque striker at some point especially if we offload Amauri and Iaquinta. I think we should take the opportunity while it still presents itself.

Its not that I don't agree. We do need the type of striker you describe but Dzeko is needed more desperately and I'm not 100% that Benz will provide what you're looking for either.
Well we can agree that the opposition in the CL would be a whole lot stiffer than Serie A, right? I agree we've looked decent against those sides mentioned but they aren't exactly firing on all cylinders, except milan to an extent. We usually can't cope with english teams, their pace & overall energy tends to be to much of an ask for use to contain & we usually end having to sit back with them.

Just because Benzema isn't doing that well doesn't mean he won't turn his fortunes around & replicate his Lyon form here. At the same time that can be applied to Dzeko coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 149)