Karim Benzema - FW - Real Madrid (106 Viewers)

Who do you want?

• Karim Benzema

• Klaas Jan Huntelaar

• Amauri

• Elmander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well thats obvious that he would take us to another level, and that doesnt even mean Benzema is that great, just our striker choices is meh.

And no Salvatore, its no good at all, there has been enough info about him being a primadonna in Lyon and France NT. That doesnt mean he is hopeless like Adriano or other real fuck ups. Football is filled with arrogant mofos.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well thats obvious that he would take us to another level, and that doesnt even mean Benzema is that great, just our striker choices is meh.

And no Salvatore, its no good at all, there has been enough info about him being a primadonna in Lyon and France NT. That doesnt mean he is hopeless like Adriano or other real fuck ups. Football is filled with arrogant mofos.
Juve is the place to tame any primadonna, isn't Zlatan one? I remember he never behaved like one when at Juve.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
You're kidding me, right? Now that we freed ourselves from the extremely high wages that Poulsen earned, absorbing all our budget for years, we can afford anyone.
But we also brought Krasic and Aquilani, which I find fantastic, but you know what our board previously said :" No new players until we sell or loan".
By the way 8 mil/year at least is too much for us.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah he isnt Zlatan type of primadonna (and Zlatan is pretty professional for a primadonna anyways), but yeah you are right.

And there are overblown primadonnas (Romario and many others), and the general kind. The latter, Benzema prolly being one, you dont notice much of antics on the pitch (or at times, but generally behave when things are going well, which is most of the time due to their talent), but when they become too important and big for a club, tend to abuse that. Benzema did that a bit off the pitch from what I heard in Lyon last seasons. Zlatan did it in Inter when he became WAY too vital for them.

May 22, 2007
Regarding Adriano, it was an extreme example used to say that talent alone isn't something we should want a player on.

I agree with you completely though.

Juve is the place to tame any primadonna, isn't Zlatan one? I remember he never behaved like one when at Juve.
I never really heard of Zlatan being considered a primadonna or unprofessional. Just a bit of a prick with his attitude.

Cassano said it well in an interview. He said that if he went to Juventus instead of Roma, then he would have been humbled enough to not fuck his career up.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Benzema on loan with Real paying 50% of his wages is not a bad deal :)

With option to buy next year for 20m €uro...

Ps. Sell IQ.
I would like him here too JK, but let's be realistic , even if we do that, next year it would be 20 mil pay out price and than we would need to make an agreement with a player who earns 8mil/year which is too damn much for our standard, don't you think so?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Regarding Adriano, it was an extreme example used to say that talent alone isn't something we should want a player on.

I agree with you completely though.

I never really heard of Zlatan being considered a primadonna or unprofessional. Just a bit of a prick with his attitude.

Cassano said it well in an interview. He said that if he went to Juventus instead of Roma, then he would have been humbled enough to not fuck his career up.
That's what I mean, players get discipline at Juve even now with a bad management, it's the badge that spreads the discipline. When was the last time we had a trouble maker? Even Camoranesi at his peak, complained a bit but ended up playing and delivering.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
That's what I mean, players get discipline at Juve even now with a bad management, it's the badge that spreads the discipline. When was the last time we had a trouble maker? Even Camoranesi at his peak, complained a bit but ended up playing and delivering.
I was at the Arsenal/Juve C.L game at highbury when our players lost it. Especially Camo and Zebina. was embarrassing.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I was at the West Ham v Bolton game yesterday. i mean......West ham defenders struggle against strong forwards anyway but i watched Elmander and he aint that bad but not Juve material. he bagged a brace but over all i think we can do better than him. we need a forward who is also good with his feet and create instead of a lump to give long balls to.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
8 mil a fuckung year? For the bench at RM, ill pass on him rather sign the bosnian on steroïds next year.
apparently he on his way to push benzema into the reserves.

& next year we will need to sell a non-EU player to sign him anyways for what i understand based on what people were saying on here.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We don't need to sell a non-EU player to acquire Dzeko. We are allotted a quota of 1 non-EU player per year, which implies that buying Dzeko means no more non-EU players for the 2011-2012 season.

May 4, 2004
I would like him here too JK, but let's be realistic , even if we do that, next year it would be 20 mil pay out price and than we would need to make an agreement with a player who earns 8mil/year which is too damn much for our standard, don't you think so?
No doubt about that. That's why a loan deal is good for this season, and if he wants more then 4mil/year next season, kick him back to Real.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
With all the width we have added this summer, 1 of our front 2 will be a striker who is strong in the air (Amauri, Trez, and to a lesser degree IQ). The other will be a creative SS type player (Diego, ADP).

If Benzema arrived, it would mean 1 of Diego, ADP and Benzema would pair Amauri or Trez upfront. With IQ still here as well, we simply have too many players in attack, and I doubt Benzema would swap an uncertain starting position at RM witht the exact same situation at Juventus, albeit with possibly lower wages as well.

Considering all the cost cutting our management have done this summer, unless 2 of our forwards leave, I don't see us making a star signing upfront.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
With all the width we have added this summer, 1 of our front 2 will be a striker who is strong in the air (Amauri, Trez, and to a lesser degree IQ). The other will be a creative SS type player (Diego, ADP).

If Benzema arrived, it would mean 1 of Diego, ADP and Benzema would pair Amauri or Trez upfront. With IQ still here as well, we simply have too many players in attack, and I doubt Benzema would swap an uncertain starting position at RM witht the exact same situation at Juventus, albeit with possibly lower wages as well.

Considering all the cost cutting our management have done this summer, unless 2 of our forwards leave, I don't see us making a star signing upfront.
next season :eyebrows: lots of contracts up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)