kapo not going to euro2004 :( (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2004
MEXES + KAPO OUT OF FRANCE SQUAD
Tuesday, 18 May 2004

by Patrick Haond

France boss Jacques Santini has named his provisional squad for the Euro 2004 finals on Tuesday with Philippe Mexes surprisingly left out of the 23-man party.

The Auxerre defender, courted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe, has been unable to force his way into Santini's plans and there was also disappointment for the likes of AJA team-mate Olivier Kapo, who is joining Juventus, and Sidney Govou.
Sylvain Wiltord is handed a vote of confidence after his injury problems and failure to agree a new contract with Premiership champions Arsenal while Louis Saha has done enough to fill in for the suspended Djibril Cisse.

France are the favourites to lift the trophy in Portugal and have a number of players who have experience of winning major trophies following their World Cup success in 1998 and Euro 2000 triumph.

Squad:

Fabien Barthez (Marseille), Gregory Coupet (Lyon), Mickael Landreau (Nantes); Jean-Alain Boumsong (Auxerre), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea), William Gallas (Chelsea), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich), Mikael Silvestre (Manchester United), Lilian Thuram (Juventus), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich); Ludovic Giuly (Monaco), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Olivier Dacourt (Roma), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Jerome Rothen (Monaco), Sylvain Wiltord (Arsenal), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid), Benoit Pedretti (Sochaux); Thierry Henry (Arsenal), David Trezeguet (Juventus), Louis Saha (Manchester United), Steve Marlet (Marseille).

omg that stupied bitc* mother****** did not take kapo with him..

FUC* FUC*.... shi*

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
LMFAO!!!

desailly ahead of mexes. Frey still didnt make it:confused:

i'm not upset, it only makes france weaker i suppose. anyway, its good to see that other nations' coaches are pickled also.

Wiltord??? WTF is that about???

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve100% ] ++
Mexes not going can also be a good thing, its not gonna bring his value up which means we can get him a little cheaper
hehe, I was thinking the same thing...

why he wasn't picked I don't know... Perhaps b/c of his har style this
weekend! ;)

btw. what happend? wasn't KAPO regular starter for the french team
as so many ppl. here have claimed! :p

OP
Juve_Kosova
May 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++

weekend! ;)

no one said that he was regular i hope.. i just said that he was in the squad last time franc play'd..!

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++

weekend! ;)

they have pires and rothen

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Oh yeah, I forgot to b!tch about Frey's omission from the squad.

#@!)(#*@!()$@!()$@!()$&@!(47902

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    well I don't remember who said it (it's not important really),
    but ever since he was reported joining us ppl. have hinted he is a starter for the french nt. and he will shine during the euro 2004 games, while I said hold your horses, it isn't even a done deal he will be a part of the squad...

I would had picked Frey over Barthez the clown...

If there is one player that is really missed it's Laurent Robert...
    The precision he has in coss, corners and long rage free kicks are just out of this world!!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I can understand Coupet being there, but my God, Desailly and Wiltord ahead of Mexes and Kapo? :eek: Mexy should be starting with Gallas in central defence, and even though Kapo isn't a regular first teamer he has definitely done more than Wiltord has this season.

Time to wake up, Santini :rolleyes:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve100% ] ++
    Mexes not going can also be a good thing, its not gonna bring his value up which means we can get him a little cheaper
    Good point.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    One more to add, no Squillaci!!:eek:.

I never knew Desailly, Barthez, Wiltord were rate that highly!!!:rofl:.

Anyway, French need to prey that Henry will be at the top form in the tournament cause I really cant see them winning the whole thing.

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
    Apr 12, 2004
    I think too many people here respect the French league too much.

It is assumed here that if you are good for Monaco, PSG, etc, that you must be world-class or something.

France has always been about loyalty, when it comes to selection. They love their 30+ year old players. They would be afraid to piss off Desailly after he is their most-capped player ever.

Experience does help and does matter in a very important tournament like this, especially at a high-pressure position like defender.

And I am glad that Kapo is not playing. The training sessions and matches just add to fatigue. I want him to be 100% rested and healthy before he comes to Juve, if we are to contend for all 3 titles next year. That means 50-60 matches. We need our guys to be as fresh as possible. Nedved said that the team has been tired in the 2nd half of this season. A long rest is needed for all of our guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)