Kahn: Freiburg Tougher Than Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Bayern Munich captain Oliver Kahn believes Saturday's crucial Bundesliga win at Freiburg was more difficult to attain than Tuesday evening's 3-1 home success over Arsenal in the Champions' League.
Bayern continued their good form with a hard-earned 1-0 win prompting Kahn to tell reporters after the game. "You either drop out of the race or win the championship in games like that. Before the match I knew it would be tough, a much harder job than against Arsenal. I wouldn’t know if Freiburg have played as good a half of football as that all season. They were fighting for their lives, but they weren’t as good after half-time because we were a shade better."

With title rivals Werder Bremen, Schalke, Stuttgart, and Bayer Leverkusen all out of or on the verge of elimination from European competition, Kahn added: "I don’t believe it’s a disadvantage if we stay in Europe. We’re used to it. I actually find it inspiring when I know there’s a big European evening coming up during the week."

However, with the Bavarians due to host the champions next weekend, Kahn was well aware of the significance of Bremen’s 4-0 thumping of Bochum: "Bremen are really on a roll at the moment. They’re scoring three, four, five goals a game, it’s unbelievable. We’ll really have to watch ourselves next Saturday."

For doomed Freiburg, coach Volker Finke had only praise: "My team gave everything it had and did what you have to do against overwhelming opponents. We were half a yard quicker and created some decent openings."

Got this from Goal.com:rofl:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Ja Ich liebe ihn manchmal.

Hope I'm correct Burke.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    bah. The title of the article suggests a different tone to which kahn said it in. Kahn was saying that the game will be harder because of the pressure from the other title contenders and the fact that freiburg need to win this for their relagation woes.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Btw, I also hear that "Freiburg" is Kahn's favorite Lynyrd Skynyrd song...

(OK, so the pronunciation is different...)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Arsenal could not even beat Sheffield Utd. and had to go to a shoot out. Unfortunately Utd. lost in the penalties and the joke team went through.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    How difficult will it be for Juve if Zlatan, Zalayeta, Dp, Trez, Nedved were all ineligible for a match? Do you think we will win? Hell, even if 1 of those guys was missing , we will be hearing the same dross that if only this player was there, if only Trez was playing, if only Dp was playing, if only Nedved was playing, if only Zlatan was playing?

No Arsenal have not mastered how to play in Europe and with the calibre of chokers they have, they probably wouldn't but they are great to watch and are going thru what for them is a very difficult and bad period

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Btw, I also hear that "Freiburg" is Kahn's favorite Lynyrd Skynyrd song...

(OK, so the pronunciation is different...)
    :LOL:

That one went by everyone! :D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Juz loved how realistic Kahn is. Even though his performance has dipped and he is a rather flirtatious man, I still respect him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)