Juvetus... the symbol of youth...FINALLY (1 Viewer)

taquin

Apr 7, 2004
i just wanna say that it's HIGH time that Juventus have come back to their form and realized what Juventus symbolizes... after that incredible 4-1 thrashing of the svedish team... and apart from the stalwarts, nedved, dp, thuram and crew.. i was refreshingly happy that capello has put trust in the younger players like olivera and blasi... even the assist by zayaleta to setup the last goal...
i always used to say that those players needed to be in the team and they should've never gone out on loan.. but that's my opinion....
one defender and i think we're going all the way.....
i'm just waiting to see who we'll be playin again for the champs league group stage.... and how we'll fare against the likes of internazionale, ac milan and as roma. once we can stand up again the aforementioned, we have a strong chance of getting the treble this season...

Buy on AliExpress.com

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I agree with your premise but I wouldn't get too excited, I think the treble would be quite an accomplishment for this squad.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Djurgarden aint that bad, one of scandinavia's best sides, not that it means much :), but its very strong to score 4 goals away, a confident performance.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
olivera, kapo, blasi...good to see them doing well in the pre-season. as for zalayeta, he is like 25 or 26 years old. imo he shouldnt be there.

i just wished that others like maresca and brighi got their chance also.

i wonder if Appiah will get a chance to show what he has?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'm relieved by the performance,but sceptical that we will see this on a consistent basis.remember,we were doing pretty badly until a while ago.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It would've been nice to see a bit more of Kapo as I thought Capello could've made that change earlier because Nedved was subject to alot of rough tackles from the Djurgarden players and the result was beyond doubt from 3-1. Anyways, at least he's showing confidence in Blasi and Olivera :)

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
capello has done well with this side thus far.....
we have a right mix of young fresh talent and talented leaders
we can go all the way if and only if we get one CB...if we fail to do this we might win coppa italia

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Agreed. A good centre-back to partner Thuram, a back-up striker, and maybe a right back are all we need imo. If Capello thinks that Birindelli and Zebina can effectively cover the RB spot then we shouldn't waste money on Oddo/Bonera.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
Agg. 1st
GAK 1-2 Liverpool
Benfica 1-3 Anderlecht
PAOK 0-4 M. Tel-Aviv
Juventus 6-3 Djurgården
CSKA Moskva 3-2 Rangers
Dynamo Kyiv 3-2 Trabzonspor
Rosenborg (aet) 5-3 M. Haifa
Gorica 0-9 Monaco
Shelbourne 0-3 Deportivo
Basel 2-5 Internazionale
Wisla 1-5 Real Madrid
Leverkusen 6-2 Baník
Ferencváros 1-2 Sparta (aet)
Crvena Zvezda 3-7 PSV
Dinamo Bucuresti 1-5 Man. United
Shakhtar 6-3 Club Brugge

Its very obvious from the agg. results above that we have a very powerfull striking capabilities, and unfortunately a litte shaky defence
compared to the other big teams mentioned above

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
yeah we won 4-1 against a side ive never heard of before... Nevertheless it was a promising showing
Agreed:thumb:. To early to sing their praises I only new of Djurgarden because thats where Drew Barrymores characters from in the movie Waynes World 2.
Lets wait till we know who we're bringing in (if anyone) and whos leaving before we can evaulate the strengh of the squad and what trophys we can win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)