DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
I think that the best midfield for us is still the same one we used last year:

Camo-------Tacchi--------Davids
--------------Nedved-------------

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
i have 1 comment : with all my respect to lippi, he's doin 1 thing wrong, for keepin edgar on the bench, although appiah is doin well but davids with his experience n his skills should stays at juve n play..cuz we need him

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yes, Edgar should play as there is no doubt that when he's at his best he's a world-class performer. Unfortunately, he'll find it terribly hard to gain form since all he does nowadays is sit on the bench :down: Poor fellow... he should get out of Juve ASAP and find a club that will actually utilize him correctly, if not, his career will be spoilt and he probably won't be called up by the Dutch NT for Euro2004.

Dec 27, 2003
Juve do look hungry in the CL (and rightly so : their losing at the hands of the legendary Milan in last year's final must still be haunting their dreams). However I am afraid that if/when they meet their bête noire Merchandise United later in the tournament they might find themslves at the receiving end of another spanking and yet again have to postpone their continental ambitions to next season.

Ah well, as long as they send Real Mercenarid back to Madrid before that and clear the way for us to lift our seventh Big-eared Cup, it's all fine with me.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well MU have only recently been our 'bête noire' as you call them ;) I wouldn't be surprised if Milan and Juve re-meet in the final as both teams seem to have more depth than others, though Milan without Shevcenko seem toothless upfront :)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Well MU have only recently been our 'bête noire' as you call them ;) I wouldn't be surprised if Milan and Juve re-meet in the final as both teams seem to have more depth than others, though Milan without Shevcenko seem toothless upfront :)
with every of our defenders and even buffon we ARE toothless at the back ;)

:down:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
True that Fli, and every single goal we concede will cost us in the knockout stages with away goals being a factor. We badly need some defenders... thankfully we're close to Rodriguez and Oddo, with Van Buyten and Stam also being linked. Please Moggi, bring us a defender or two, and good ones.

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
Juve can beat Man United this year. The players have not forgotten that 0-3 drubbing from last year and will seek revenge. And Man United will probably be too confident if Juve faces them.
As far as Real is concerned, no one in their right mind would want to face them. But the best team thats not in CL is definitely Roma. I think Roma is the only team in current form that can play with Madrid

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You speak of Madrid as if they are that great of a team. Even our defence is better than their's and though their midfield and attack consists of star names, they haven't changed much from last season. Beckham in, Makelele out, that's all. We sent them out of the CL last time around, we can do it again.

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
You speak of Madrid as if they are that great of a team. Even our defence is better than their's and though their midfield and attack consists of star names, they haven't changed much from last season. Beckham in, Makelele out, that's all. We sent them out of the CL last time around, we can do it again.
Juve had a rough time with the likes of Lazio and Lecce who are nowhere near Real Madrid. And don't forget that our defence isn't as good as last years.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Stu you're too optimistic if you think Moggi will bring 2 defenders ;) At most he will just bring Oddo as Rodriguez will be sent on loan to Perugia or Chievo if he does come.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Moggi does not get any player.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
Come on man this juve havev the best attack ever 15 goals in 6 matches (the last there games were played with second team juve)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Ah btw I had forgotten the crack of Parma so we might get a Bonera and/or Ferrari which I would prefer to Stam and Van Buyten :)

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Ah btw I had forgotten the crack of Parma so we might get a Bonera and/or Ferrari which I would prefer to Stam and Van Buyten :)
i agree ...they are much better and younger

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DAVIDZ ] ++

Juve had a rough time with the likes of Lazio and Lecce who are nowhere near Real Madrid. And don't forget that our defence isn't as good as last years.
We struggled against Lazio and Lecce, but Real lost 4-0/4-1 to Sevilla. It doesn't matter who we've lost to, just how we play when we face them and imo a full strength Juve is better than a full strength Real.

Our defence isn't as good as last season's, but it's still better than RM's.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++

i agree ...they are much better and younger
Imho Bonera is heavily overrated, while Ferrari is a good player, but not as good as Mexes. If we had to choose between Bonnie and Matteo however, I'd go for the latter.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Sally you're too young and don't probably remember all the times we defeat MU in the late 90s ;) Before last season, MU feared us, but thanks to those flued matches they thik they are superior now :)

Yeah Stu Ferrari is better and is alrady Italy NT material. Though if both come I would not complain (but I doubt it) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)