Juventuz Movie Ratings (1 Viewer)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Absolutely love most of the films Dule posted, many of them are on my laptop I bought last year, these are the others I rate 7 or more that I found there.

24 Hour Party People (2002) 8/10
In 1976, Tony Wilson sets up Factory Records and brings Manchester's music to the world

Almost Famous (2000) 9/10
A high-school boy is given the chance to write a story for Rolling Stone Magazine about an up-and-coming rock band as he accompanies it on their concert tour.

Blood Diamond (2006) 8.5/10
A fisherman, a smuggler, and a syndicate of businessmen match wits over the possession of a priceless diamond.

Control (2007) 8/10
A profile of Ian Curtis, the enigmatic singer of Joy Division whose personal, professional, and romantic troubles led him to commit suicide at the age of 23.

Equilibrium (2002) 7.5/10
In a Fascist future where all forms of feeling are illegal, a man in charge of enforcing the law rises to overthrow the system.

Gangs of New York (2002) 8.5/10
In 1863, Amsterdam Vallon returns to the Five Points area of New York City seeking revenge against Bill the Butcher, his father's killer.

In Time (2011) 7/10
In a future where people stop aging at 25, but are engineered to live only one more year, having the means to buy your way out of the situation is a shot at immortal youth. Here, Will Salas finds himself accused of murder and on the run with a hostage - a connection that becomes an important part of the way against the system.

Jerry Maguire (1996) 8/10
When a sports agent has a moral epiphany and is fired for expressing it, he decides to put his new philosophy to the test as an independent with the only athlete who stays with him.

Rebound: The Legend of Earl "The Goat" Manigault (1996) 9.5/10
A dramatization of the life of Earl 'The Goat' Manigault (Don Cheadle), with a lot of factual based occurrences

The Game (1997) 8.5/10
Wealthy financier Nicholas Van Orton gets a strange birthday present from wayward brother Conrad: a live-action game that consumes his life.

The Machinist (2004) 8/10
An industrial worker who hasn't slept in a year begins to doubt his own sanity.

Warrior (2011) 8.5/10
The youngest son of an alcoholic former boxer returns home, where he's trained by his father for competition in a mixed martial arts tournament - a path that puts the fighter on a collision corner with his older brother.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
Luck (2003) 9/10

Shane Bradley, who is fixated on ideas of luck and destiny, tries to win the girl of his dreams. After their relationship falters, Shane begins to think he might be unlucky and turns to gambling as an outlet for his obsession.

Movie is a relative unknown but its quite the interesting movie. Movie is set out of 1972

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (1966) :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star: 10/10
The third film in the Dollars Trilogy. The plot revolves around three gunslingers competing to find a fortune in buried Confederate gold amid the violent chaos of gunfights, hangings, American Civil War battles and prison camps.

G.O.A.T.

Dec 31, 2008
2012 = -2/10

Plot: based on the Mayan prediction that the Earth will end on 21-12-2012. Pathetic plot, a lot of explosions and SFX, overacting and John friggin' Cusack as an action hero?! :lol:
Twillight :inter: :inter: :inter: :inter: :inter: :inter: :inter: :inter: :inter: :inter: /10

The Worst piece of shit movie about a borderline Necrophiliac/Beastiophile that has poor plots, terrible diable and retarded actors, unless pussy whipped into seeing it Don't. It made me want to haemorrage my eyeballs out and murder everyone in sight.
Load of Shite....
:rofl:

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
The secret in their eyes (2009) 9/10
A retired legal counselor writes a novel hoping to find closure for one of his past unresolved homicide cases and for his unreciprocated love with his superior - both of which still haunt him decades later.

"I agree with SanFava. I am a follower of Campanella's and Darin. I have seen all previous three films. However, this one surpasses them all!. This is a great script, top-notch acting by everyone, partly thanks to the excellent casting. Superb cinematography. The film basically explores what "passion" is to the human being. A great passion (on various areas) is involved in almost all characters. You have suspense, a clever detective story, some surprising twists, etc. Darin has an "aura" (paraphrasing the the title of the film he worked in, "The Aura") that illuminates the whole screen. His presence is as powerful in the screen as that of Gene Hackman, Pacino, DeNiro or Hoffman (the top, great ones). I sincerely hope this movie gets his due awards (Oscar included), because it deserves so!)." - IMDB

OldBoy (2003) 10/10
After being kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years, Oh Dae-Su is released, only to find that he must find his captor in 5 days.

"Yes this is a twisted movie with plots that unravel slowly and sometimes there are scenes that are slow. But over all it's incredible. Some of the symbolism behind the scenes are stunning. You have to go deep to appreciate it. There is a lot of gore and violence that can turn you off, but I was simply amazed by the depth and width of some of the scenes.

Without giving anything away, once the main character is released he meets a man with a dog. It's seems to be an irrelevant scene, but put yourself in a cage for 15 years and think about how you would act? What happens to that man? Isn't he also in a cage? Aren't we all? What is the symbolism of that man? How about the dog? Revenge to the main character in this movie is his life. Why? And you don't question it because you know what happened to him. He doesn't question it either." - IMDB

The Lives of Others (2006) 9/10
In 1984 East Berlin, an agent of the secret police, conducting surveillance on a writer and his lover, finds himself becoming increasingly absorbed by their lives.

"A MASTERPIECE! This is the kind of movie that gets your attention from the first moment, and makes you interested in understanding the characters' psyche, which is very varied: you have the idealistic good guys, the idealistic bad guys, the people that broad their minds understanding that no political dogma is better than individual freedom, etc. And even though the movie has very tough moments it is all so well done and presented with such a good taste that in the end you feel some sort of relieved."

Django Unchained (2012) 9/10
With the help of a German bounty hunter, a freed slave sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner.

"Being a big Tarantino fan, I was exited for this film, and I did not get disappointed! It was fantastic! The film played truly to Tarantino's style and with the use of good music, I felt it was a 'Tarantino film'.

Lets start off with the actors, most of the cast did a great job performing. However, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L Jackson, Leonardo Di Caprio and Kerry Washington stood out the most! When you have all of them in one scene, you know its gonna be a good one! Jamie Foxx did a great job as Django, but didn't shine like the others.

The actual film was amazing! The plot was more complex than it sounds, it's not just 'A slave gets revenge on a plantation owner who has his wife'. There are many other paths the film goes into. The film was longer than most Tarantino films and you start to think, 'Mabye a couple of scenes should have been taken out'. But then it's hard to think of a scene to cut out! I suppose the KKK scene wasn't very relevant, but it was a great scene! This film should not be missed!" - IMDB

Looper (2012) 9/10
In 2074, when the mob wants to get rid of someone, the target is sent 30 years into the past, where a hired gun awaits. Someone like Joe, who one day learns the mob wants to 'close the loop' by transporting back Joe's future self.

"The story is about this man named Joe who is played by both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis. Basically his job is a looper. In the Year 2074 civilization has created time travel however it is highly illegal to use it. It is then controlled by the highest criminal mafia in the world. In the future they cannot kill a person, so instead they send them back 30 years and the looper will kill them. When the young Joe saw the Old Joe standing there, he hesitated and the plot clashed.

The story was very confusing at first, but the movie does a good job to explain to us as it goes along. To be honest at first I thought this was going to be bad, the story took some time to build up, and the plot just didn't seem to have any structure. Once the movie did pick up, boy did it pick up. It became intense as the hunter became the hunted.

The story had emotion, action, we laughed and cried. Many places where things appeared to be stupid ended actually be part of the story and working out. There are though, a lot of silly moments in the story that to my opinion could have been left out and the story would have been just as good. The acting was very good. Also kinda shows how much Bruce Willis is getting old, but can still pack a punch." - IMDB

Incendies (2010) 9/10
A mother's last wishes send twins Jeanne and Simon on a journey to the Middle East in search of their tangled roots. Adapted from Wajdi Mouawad's acclaimed play, Incendies tells the powerful and moving tale of two young adults' voyage to the core of deep-rooted hatred, never-ending wars and enduring love.

"Incendies, based upon the play Scorched written by Wajdi Mouawad and adapted for the screen by director Denis Villeneuve, was this year's Best Foreign Language Film nominee from Canada, and there's every reason why it was a nomination well deserved. Set against a mystery to be unraveled so slowly, bringing together seemingly disparate events together in shocking fashion by the time we're through, the narrative is split into two different timelines, with the current one being the twins' journey to an unnamed Middle Eastern country in search for clues to their unknown father and brother, while with each milestone achieved of sorts, we get to see a flashback to the time of their mother, brought up in a harsh environment involving the staining of family honour, as well as religious zealots and militants who set her off in a tale of an avenging angel, and sacrifice." - IMDB

Wreck-It Ralph 7.5/10
A video game villain wants to be a hero and sets out to fulfill his dream, but his quest brings havoc to the whole arcade where he lives.

"Wreck-It Ralph imagines a world where arcade game characters have their own lives. It's like a video game version of Toy Story and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but this one is much more appealing to the viewers. As expected, it has an endless amount of enjoyment, a big scale of adventure, and really fun characters. The filmmakers poured their love of these games to the film thus made this a wonderful nostalgic delight." - IMDB

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Frances Ha (2012): 7.5/10
You gotta like the French New Wave and slice-of-life movies, but this is a pretty solid art-house flick, filmed in B&W, that's a character study on friendships, loose relationships, and figuring your shit out in New York in your 20s. Noah Baumbach + Greta Gerwig in a decent combo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)