Juventuz LIVE matches 2020/2021 (221 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
friend of mine sent me this. it shows perfectly how vulnerable this team could be to counters. so much space between our lines, and that 3-man defense would offer zero cover against a properly countering team.

honestly, i'm not a fan of this 3/4 man backline, at least not with this 2-man midfield in front of it.
There's space because the 3 man back line just turns and runs. It's not zonal. They don't hold their space.

I don't want to bring up the previous coach because no one can see anything he does as positive but... everyone can compare the compactness from last year for themselves and figure out why there is a difference this year.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't understand why every one of our 3cbs is playing out of position.
It should be Danilo-Bonucci-Chiellini
Now it's Bonucci-Chiellini-Danilo. Pirlo likes to complicate things.
not sure i get you right, but after transition, cuadrado comes back as a rb, and it's cuads, bonucci, chiellini, danilo.

point is that danilo is our only potential left back on the pitch and that defines everything else

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
not sure i get you right, but after transition, cuadrado comes back as a rb, and it's cuads, bonucci, chiellini, danilo.

point is that danilo is our only potential left back on the pitch and that defines everything else
I don't like this hybrid formation. we are not good in defense nor on offense.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
There's space because the 3 man back line just turns and runs. It's not zonal. They don't hold their space.

I don't want to bring up the previous coach because no one can see anything he does as positive but... everyone can compare the compactness from last year for themselves and figure out why there is a difference this year.
defense was good for only a couple of months around mid-season last year, it shouldn't be a reference. at least we don't concede after dead ball situations every game, and at least opposition won't get behind our fullbacks with simple high crosses left and right. compactness came at the expense of being extremely vulnerable to counters which is still an issue for a different reason, and midfield support is a huge headache obviously.

my guess is that all we'd need is a simple 4-man defense without the complicated transition, and the two cm's being more physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 208)