Juventuz LIVE 2008/2009 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our defense WAS playing great until Christmas when those stats were posted. I don't remember anyone saying that it was a great defense. I clearly remember myself saying that it's incredibile how an average defense like ours played so well, and i even underlined the importance Sissoko has in our success in defense.

After Christmas we play awful in defense, and yes, to answer your question, the stats also show that we play very bad defense in 2009.

Now find the post when i used the stats to show how well our defense played and prove me wrong. If you can't do it, than i can only kindly ask you to shut up. Thanks.
Even before the season started, i was insisting that our defense has been our weakest link for the past 3 seasons.
And because of this we had to compromise our tactical plans and our team as a whole was unbalanced.
Many arguments were brought against that eventually faded away.
I tried t explain who some particular factors might have masked this weakness and confuse a part of our fans.

And of the most solid arguments that pll repeatedly brought to support our defense was the stats you posted.
I called them misleading and i pointed out that they dont represent the actual quality of our defenders, rather than the defensive efficiency, of our entire squad,
who sacrificed a lot to support our defense, esp at the first part of season, who were using 2 DMs and 2 defensive wingers.

Now when the real value of our defense has been exposed, i was expecting you to provide the same unbiased argumentation, presenting the facts as you did before.
I dont know if your intention to present them, were to defend the quality of our defense or not, but your arguments would support what i was saying all along...
If you remain neutral, you wont mind that, you have nothing to lose, but the ones who still support our defense will...

No hurt feelings, the argument involves more than you and me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)