Juventuz Globemeet: The Agenda (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I have lots of Korean friends too here in school.

The biggest problem as I see it, and this applies to most international students- is that people from a particular country ALWAYS hang out with their own. They live together, they spend time together, they do everything together.

It is certainly your money you're spending, but I would try to be more diverse.

Like I have 4 roommates- my brother, a girl from Cyprus, a girl from London and a guy from China.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #82
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

The biggest problem as I see it, and this applies to most international students- is that people from a particular country ALWAYS hang out with their own. They live together, they spend time together, they do everything together.
    I know what you mean. I guess it's a natural reaction though, since they speak the same language, eat the same food and share similar life experiences.

Not to say that I would do the same. If I were living overseas, I'd definitely make an effort to get to know the locals and not just hang around with people I'm more familiar with. I can live and hang around with Koreans and Aussies when I'm living here, so why waste the experience of living in a foreign country?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

It is certainly your money you're spending, but I would try to be more diverse.

Like I have 4 roommates- my brother, a girl from Cyprus, a girl from London and a guy from China.
    i think you could attribute it to the fact that being away from home, just makes one miss all the things they do back there, and hanging with your own people just keeps you closer to your roots in a sense. Coz at times, its just that it gets reall lonely.

Having ur bro as a roomate must be an awesome experience, especially if ur living in another city from your parents.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Cool, what are they like? Did you meet them at school or what?
    Yeah, I met them at school. They are very nice people, very polite! but their names are hard to pronounce

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #85
    :LOL: don't most of them have English names? Or are they fobs?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Yeah, my friend Song Jooeun is Kevin, Park Heung Tae is David :D

++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Having ur bro as a roomate must be an awesome experience, especially if ur living in another city from your parents.
    Yeah. Biggest benefit is that he is a second year student in my program, while I am first year, so he is teaching me all the tricks and stuff. Really helps out. And he is 3 year younger than me!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    :LOL: don't most of them have English names? Or are they fobs?
    Some of them have english names, and I freaked out the first day when they started saying their english names, I couldnt understand anything -because some of them said that was their real occidental name while some of them just made the name up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)